Tyler Attardo

Bdog

I have no knowledge of his situation, but it's easy to make mistakes. I can imagine feeling a lot of pressure if you're just an average family and you have a kid with some potential and you're in a place that's not necessarily a hotbed of pro sport. Where do you go for advice?  How do you create opportunities?  What is the right path?  How do you not waste the talent?  How do you protect yourself?  Maybe the Attardos are soccer savvy but I can see how this situation could have come to pass. I've always banged the "this is sketchy" drum with regard to Attardo signing in in Chile and now Cyprus, but if he's truly playing over there maybe it's a mistake that can be overcome.

It could also be less nefarious. Like the CPL guys have mentioned, they are building a soccer economy. It’s not just players, but also coaches, officials, executives, and dare I say agents, that are getting up to speed. It could be a well meaning agent that isn’t yet good at the job. Didn’t do the due diligence on the level of the Chilean club, and then maybe Attardo just wanted out of there?

Anyways, best of luck at the new club. Hopefully he gets plenty of time and can grow as a player.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Transfermarkt is out of date, as is wikipedia.  

https://www.cfa.com.cy/En/roster/33701655/156

He hasn't played in any of their matches so far this season either.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, saladroit said:

well here's some news 

Not the worst move.

This level has 4 Regional divisions.

Granville is currently 11 of 16 teams. They have a few higher division reserve teams in their league.

Edited by narduch

^ he played regularly in cyprus d2 even if he was mostly a sub so doesnt seem so bad...its the transfer to the chilean team that seems not great...though if valour and his youth clubs got paid at least its good for them and for him hes getting experience in multiple countries

hes still under contract with fernandez vial so this is a loan to granville until the end of the season

https://fb.watch/aFnFWDMd4a/ 

He had the potential to be a young star for Valour and progress to USL or get a shot at MLS. Now he's 3 years older and playing in a 4th tier which is not considered PRO-level soccer. Even if he wants to move then he had interest from clubs in Sweden, the move to Cyprus was BAD.

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

^ he played regularly in cyprus d2 even if he was mostly a sub so doesnt seem so bad...its the transfer to the chilean team that seems not great...though if valour and his youth clubs got paid at least its good for them and for him hes getting experience in multiple countries

hes still under contract with fernandez vial so this is a loan to granville until the end of the season

https://fb.watch/aFnFWDMd4a/ 

Edited by Ngravs

17 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

He had the potential to be a young star for Valour and progress to USL or get a shot at MLS. Now he's 3 years older and playing in a 4th tier which is not considered PRO-level soccer. Even if he wants to move then he had interest from clubs in Sweden, the move to Cyprus was BAD.

Yep, his progress is nothing but bad, he has been playing lower quality soccer since he left, the Europe mantra we often hear is not always the best path, choose wisely, looks like he got bad advice. To me this looked sketchy from day one. Cue Top Cheese😎

I wonder if Fernandez Vial actually put any money in this.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Yep, his progress is nothing but bad, he has been playing lower quality soccer since he left, the Europe mantra we often hear is not always the best path, choose wisely, looks like he got bad advice. To me this looked sketchy from day one. Cue Top Cheese😎

I wonder if Fernandez Vial actually put any money in this.  

Well I guess I deserve to say - I told you all so lol

His coach in Manitoba Nano Romero who is probably his connection to the agency that got him to Fernandez Vial is pumping him non stop lol

MEMBER UPDATE:
Union Sportive Grandvillaise National 2 of France have signed Tyler Attardo from Arturo Fernandez Vial. Facilitated by Pro Turn Group - CB Five Sports & Ventures.
Congratulations from the entire 1v1 Futbol Dreams organization, we wish you the absolute best!!
“Tyler continues to open doors for our young aspiring athletes!
His talent and work ethic continues to provide him opportunities. His goals are coming to France 🇫🇷 Vamos, Tyler!!” Technical Director, Nano Romero.

I was checking and there are four groups in France Nationale 2, and his team is just above what would be relegation in one of them.

The rival drew them late btw.

If Petrasso was a good player in England 5th tier, or Piti Martínez from Ottawa was doing well in the reserve team of Alavés, in a division of Spanish 3rd tier, I am not sure that a regional division of 4th tier France is higher than CPL. Probably in and around the same.