Tyler Attardo

Bdog

14 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I was checking and there are four groups in France Nationale 2, and his team is just above what would be relegation in one of them.

The rival drew them late btw.

If Petrasso was a good player in England 5th tier, or Piti Martínez from Ottawa was doing well in the reserve team of Alavés, in a division of Spanish 3rd tier, I am not sure that a regional division of 4th tier France is higher than CPL. Probably in and around the same. 

I'm of 2 minds on this.

On the one hand if he performs well he could get scouted by a higher level French team.

But look at all those Canadians that have played in Italy lower tiers and have not amounted to much

43 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm of 2 minds on this.

On the one hand if he performs well he could get scouted by a higher level French team.

But look at all those Canadians that have played in Italy lower tiers and have not amounted to much

I think this is lower then CPL, and CPL players are getting noticed and moving up, a lot of players on his team look like they are on their way down or never were up.  As you say our Serie C&D players in Italy haven't amounted to much.   

I think Attardo would be further ahead if he had of stayed in CPL.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

3 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I think this is lower then CPL, and CPL players are getting noticed and moving up, a lot of players on his team look like they are on their way down or never were up.  As you say our Serie C&D players in Italy haven't amounted to much.

We are all high on Justin Smith because he is on Nice, but all his game action this year has been in one tier lower than where Attardo plays.

• 5 months later...

valour has a ton of offensive players and akio would have been headed to the bench with ascanio doing better as soon as he started playing...real question here is if he has quality why isnt he or didnt at any point play for his club fernandez vial in the second tier of chile...have they judged him not good enough and are just loaning him around until the end of his contract and accepting that they have lost a good amount of money on getting him?

5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

From what was being said at the time of the transfer the Chilean club was just a flag of convenience to get him out of his Valour contract and an agent was basically pulling the strings on a move over to Europe.

A shitty agent, as it were.

I dunno what this guy’s career ambitions in soccer are, but at the end of the day, getting paid to go live in France and play a bit of soccer while you’re young enough is still a super cool opportunity. Locminé looks like a picturesque tiny town in Brittany, certainly not the worst place in the world to spend a couple seasons at. 

29 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

This is like an amateur team no? Your mans is playing soccer on the weekend while working at a pastry shop during the week probably 

I know I stated earlier that this level is probably too low.

However just to play a bit of devils advocate, this is the same level that Justin Smith played in last year with Nice reserves. Attardo is still only 20 so there is time to move up still.

22 minutes ago, narduch said:

I know I stated earlier that this level is probably too low.

However just to play a bit of devils advocate, this is the same level that Justin Smith played in last year with Nice reserves. Attardo is still only 20 so there is time to move up still.

I didn’t realize that Nice 2 was in such a lower level. Of course anything can happen and I won’t even pretend I’ve watched even a minute of this guy’s game to know if he has any potential at all, however, I would think that if he had any sort of future at a higher level, a better team would’ve signed him and either sent him on loan or put him on their reserves team. 

definitely lots of time for him to move up to better teams as his career progresses, but even if that progression lands him in the 3rd division, or sets him up for a move to like Gibraltar, Série D, lower Spanish leagues, etc., that’s not the worst way to spend your early 20s.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I understand why he wanted to try his luck overseas, but who knows how good he could have become had he stayed in the CPL.

I think that’s where an agent needs to step in. CPL teams are going to be more willing to provide minutes to young Canadian players than anywhere else. Yet we’ve had too many players leave before they’ve really shown they’re ready. 

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I think that’s where an agent needs to step in. CPL teams are going to be more willing to provide minutes to young Canadian players than anywhere else. Yet we’ve had too many players leave before they’ve really shown they’re ready. 

I think his issue might have been the agent.

4 hours ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I understand why he wanted to try his luck overseas, but who knows how good he could have become had he stayed in the CPL.

1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I think his issue might have been the agent.

I would have immediately fired any agent who told me that signing in the Chilean third division would lead to wonderful opportunities.

Had he stayed in the CPL and kept scoring for Valour he would have absolutely have moved somewhere better. He left way too early.

17 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I would have immediately fired any agent who told me that signing in the Chilean third division would lead to wonderful opportunities.

Had he stayed in the CPL and kept scoring for Valour he would have absolutely have moved somewhere better. He left way too early.

Yeah, it is an odd perspective to think that tier of footy would lead to better exposure and opportunities.  A bit puzzling.  

10 hours ago, VinceA said:

I think it's a tough call for a family. CanPL is low pay, low exposure. You have an agent with a plan for you, in a field/area you don't know well or don't have a path forward alone. You take a chance.

He's come back with some experience, and if he can catch on in the CanPL again it's not been an ideal two years but an adventure maybe and really not the end of the world.

I mean, this ain't no Wyn Belotte leaving Nantes here. 

Edited by The Real Marc