CONCACAF Nations League - Venue Discussions

hamiltonfan

I think the USA game should be at BMO.  It will most likely be a sellout game which is very good for the national program.

The other game against Cuba should be in either Vancouver or Montreal I think as they are the next largest markets and the games should be spread out a bit.

These are fairly important games, but not Gold Cup level and I’d like to see the largest crowds possible.

3 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think the USA game should be at BMO.  It will most likely be a sellout game which is very good for the national program.

The other game against Cuba should be in either Vancouver or Montreal I think as they are the next largest markets and the games should be spread out a bit.

These are fairly important games, but not Gold Cup level and I’d like to see the largest crowds possible.

More tickets will be sold if the game is in Vancouver.

7 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I now think any small stadium that can get close to 9000 seats should get Cuba.

Calgary / Halifax / Victoria

BMO should host the States

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Given the CSA’s recent relationship with the Fury i dont envision Ottawa getting any games anytime soon. 

Grass pitch will be prioritized for sure.

Toronto -- Cuba

Montreal -- USA

Calgary -- Cuba

Halifax (didn't they have a fix # of soccer events allowed according.to the lease?)

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Given the CSA’s recent relationship with the Fury i dont envision Ottawa getting any games anytime soon. 

Wouldn't it be cool, though, if it involved a smoothing over of relations between the CSA, the Fury and the CPL? A high profile match in the capital could be part of the peace agreement if things could somehow be negotiated properly.

40 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Because everyone on here thinks artificial turf is the worst thing to ever happen in soccer history.

No everyone. I prefer grass, but good turf is totally acceptable.

23 minutes ago, Shway said:

The fans don't matter. It's what our top class players prefer to play on.....which is grass. Against the US we'll sell out anywhere. I'm more interested to see where the Cuba game gets played. 

If that were the case we wouldnt have played our last wcq on artificial turf in vancouver when BMO was under renos. We would have played on grass in mtl which didnt happen. 

Im not buying that the CSA will only play on grass because thats what our top quality players want. It will be a consideration the CSA takes into account. But wont be the dealbreaker. Other factors will play into the decision, forecasted fan support included. 

Edited by king1010

4 hours ago, king1010 said:

Why would grass pitch be prioritized? We played the entire third round wcq on bc places synthetic. 

2 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Because everyone on here thinks artificial turf is the worst thing to ever happen in soccer history.

Because our best guys play on grass way more often and are most likely more comfortable on it. If temperature isn't an issue why play on turf?

National team playing on turf when there are grass pitches available is plain stupid. This is about the players at the end of the day and no player would pick turf over grass

"We're paying you crap wages, you might have to fly an extra 6 hours across the country depending on where we play, and oh ya, bring an extra knee - we're playing on turf" 

Edited by KW519

1 hour ago, KW519 said:

National team playing on turf when there are grass pitches available is plain stupid. This is about the players at the end of the day and no player would pick turf over grass

"We're paying you crap wages, you might have to fly an extra 6 hours across the country depending on where we play, and oh ya, bring an extra knee - we're playing on turf" 

A flight to Toronto from London is 7h and to Vancouver it’s 9h30. Just because it’s a 5 hour flight from Vancouver to Toronto doesn’t mean it takes 5 extra hours from europe

Edited by SkuseisLoose

7 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

A flight to Toronto from London is 7h and to Vancouver it’s 9h30. Just because it’s a 5 hour flight from Vancouver to Toronto doesn’t mean it takes 5 extra hours from europe

Actually wasn't aware of that, but it can still apply to a large % of the east coast raised players stopping by for a quick family visit before heading out west 

2 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

In September, if we are playing home-and-away to Cuba, the flight times will be considerably more if we play in Vancouver.

I repeat:

On 3/28/2019 at 12:31 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

THE SEPTEMBER GAME WILL NOT BE IN VANCOUVER.

We are playing Cuba home and away in September folks.

The CSA is not flying the euro-based players  Europe----YVR----HAV----Europe or Europe----HAV----YVR---Europe.

7 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

We are simply too skilled now in my opinion to play on a ping pong field.

Injury risk is also much higher, although the injury syndrom usually sets in over multiple games to the hammy's, quads, knees, calves etc. 

Ask any endurance athlete, marathon runner, soccer player, etc etc why they train on grass and soft surfaces not turf or concrete. Repeated pounding is BAD.

I love Vancouver, just not that field. I'm sorry.

2 hours ago, apbsmith said:

We are simply too skilled now in my opinion to play on a ping pong field

This.

The turf ultimately influences how the game is played. I hate watching it on the national level. Simply put, we have way too many skilful players who have been seasoned on grass.