CONCACAF Nations League - Venue Discussions

hamiltonfan

3 hours ago, section114row20 said:

I've got an idea, why don't we start our own league!

The league and the CSA ideally would be working together on this. Bringing NT games to the CPL markets. Of course some stadiums aren’t up to snuff yet. However a game at a place like the HFX grounds would be the definition of a 12th man. It would be a incredible atmosphere to play in. 

45 minutes ago, narduch said:

TFC is away though. And by that time they may already be out of it

Well obviously I didn’t think they’d be playing half field with Canada vs Cuba on the other side. It’s just the game is at the same time so it seems like a weird decision by the CSA.

47 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Well obviously I didn’t think they’d be playing half field with Canada vs Cuba on the other side. It’s just the game is at the same time so it seems like a weird decision by the CSA.

TFC tv ratings kinda suck. It's a non issue

It's strange that TFC has been scheduling games on international dates more often of late. Not sure what that's all about, but I guess it's more unavoidable with the regular season ending three weeks earlier than in previous years.

17 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Not I brother. National team takes precedent over club for me. (at least until Canadians playing for TFC is the norm) 

Edited by Shway

14 hours ago, RS said:

It's strange that TFC has been scheduling games on international dates more often of late. Not sure what that's all about, but I guess it's more unavoidable with the regular season ending three weeks earlier than in previous years.

For the last couple of years, they've kept the early-season schedule light to aid a deep run in the Champions League. But that comes with a cost - like the two away TFC games during the September international break. And the schedule changes.

I doubt it will have much impact on the gate at BMO Field though. Perhaps more impact on any supporters groups planning road trips for the first ever Cincinnati game - which isn't much a much further drive than Columbus.

Edited by nfitz

On 6/14/2019 at 3:20 PM, SkuseisLoose said:

So I was looking at TFC schedule and they play on the same day as the nations league game vs Cuba. Which makes the date of the game a weird choice as well as the venue as many TFC fans may very well chose to watch the TFC game over the Canada one.

Pacific FC kicks off a home the exact same time as Canada v Cuba. 😡

The CSA should make it a rule that Professional games in Canada  (MLS and CanPL) cannot be played from 1 hr before to one hour after CMNT games. If this league is supposed to be supporting the CMNT, that should include the supporters.

Edited by ted
spelling error

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 12:31 PM, Ansem said:

There are direct flight Halifax-Cuba...

On 3/28/2019 at 3:45 PM, mrstepp817 said:

the Cuba game at a smaller CPL venue would be super cool......Halifax to me would be awesome....a friendly would be ok too though....

Due to unforeseen meteorological conditions, these posts have not aged well.

Hope everyone out in the Atlantic stays safe!

And more importantly, may your OneSoccer streams not cut out during the game!