Simon Colyn

Northvansteve

19 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

If I had to venture to guess I would say it's because you can certainly see he's got the technique of a pro. You can see he has potential to be a professional player. 

?

• 3 months later...

Just curious about this kid.  I notice he isn't in the U20 roster so I am assuming he is still considered to be behind the guys that got called up.  I know he is younger, but getting a sub appearance for the Caps (even if it was somewhat symbolic) suggests he has to be close to cracking the U20 line-up, no? 

45 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just curious about this kid.  I notice he isn't in the U20 roster so I am assuming he is still considered to be behind the guys that got called up.  I know he is younger, but getting a sub appearance for the Caps (even if it was somewhat symbolic) suggests he has to be close to cracking the U20 line-up, no? 

Could be.. or he could be another young player to make a first team appearance in MLS and fail to even make the u20 team.  I.e Gala, Melo, Makubuya.

one appearance at any level isn’t indicative of much IMO. 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I haven't seen much of him, but it seems he's being touted as the next up and coming player from the academy. I just don't think he's quite there physically yet

Ive seen him play a few times. His game is similar to say Osorio but i see him as more physical and direct. He looks small but his frame is pretty solid for when he fills out. At his age group he's constantly taking people on and beating them with niggly little jukes but pushes the play forward

Edited by SpursFlu

14 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

When is it next year? I suspect we have a strong group after finishing 4th at the U15 CONCACAF Championship last year 

I read after this cycle fifa will dissolve u20 and u17 and do only u19. Will there be a u17?

Edited by SpursFlu

6 hours ago, 1996 said:

If he is really good he probably should play on the U17 or U20 team, he should not go directly to our full national team why waist good players on these meaningless League of Nations and Gold Cup.?

FYP ?

Edited by Obinna

On 10/30/2018 at 7:57 PM, BearcatSA said:

I hope he has a bright future.  His bandwagon is going to need many more miles on it before I hop on it, but he made a positive first impression in his sub appearance on Sunday.

He is going to suffer greatly with Davies comparisons and pressure to live up to him. I hope that expectation can be dampened quickly as Dalrymple was trying to do.

Thankfully Bair should be right there alongside him in addition to a clutch of others in different positions (Baldisimo, Norman Jnr) which should help.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

He is going to suffer greatly with Davies comparisons and pressure to live up to him. I hope that expectation can be dampened quickly as Dalrymple was trying to do.

That's a tough ask, especially around here.  The hype dial can be turned up pretty quickly after even one positive performance.

But I feel good about the potential of these young guys and about the ability of MDS to find a way sooner than later to incorporate a couple more of them into the senior squad rotation.

• 3 months later...

Ehhhh, no biggie, wake us up when he goes to the Bundas.  ? Seriously, with all the new faces at VAN, do you think he'll get a decent amount of minutes to show anything??  Kind of worried about him and Bair/Baldisimo getting stunted without playing time.  

I think considering he's 16, stunted may not be the word. Most peoples concern coming out of lsst night was the advanced position of the midfield 3 which was played by Felipe was very underwhelming. That would be where Simon could slot in. But thats a lot to ask a 16 yr old

I could see Baldisimo going on loan. Maybe Bair also. The big Uruguay fwd is not at all game fit but looked very positive the 10mins he got in. 

Edited by SpursFlu