Simon Colyn

Northvansteve

4 hours ago, Bigandy said:

We are strictly talking about what it means to be well rounded. A guy like robben was a one trick pony. Phenomenal player but hes not well rounded. Richie isnt getting punished for maximizing his best trait. In fact, I think thats exactly what he needs to do and why hes the perfect concacaf style player. 

Well rounded to me means that you could take away his best trait and it wouldnt be that significant as the well rounded player doenst rely on one specific trait. Richie relies on his speed. 

The fact that we dont quite know what staqs best trait is, is the perfect example of why hes well rounded. (Football IQ is required so if you take that away from any player, they no longer can play, so lets focus on more technical or physical skills). 

Take away staqs engine and hes less effective but still the most important palyer for CMNT and our tempo setter. Take away one of his late runs into the box, his long ball switches, his set pieces etc etc. and he's still the most important player for CMNT. 

I would be surprised if anyone thinks that richie without his speed is well rounded and almost as effective when compared to staq being well rounded. 

That's why you need another player for the defensive duties to release Eustaquio from that,  and just play as a deep lying playmaker his head up and dictate tempo,  he can't play a 10 role because he is better suited with the play-in in front of him like Pirlo Gundogan  ,   a number 10 sometimes attacks looking at him own goalie for interplay.   

For me right now the best 11  for T and T is in a 4-1-4-1 formation.

1/Borjan/Creapeau

2Layrea/Johnston

3/Alphonso/ Layrea

4/Vitoria

5/Miller

6Fraser (you need a defensive mid)

7/Buchanan/Alphonso

8/Eustaquio/ Koné

9/David

10/ Colyn

11/ Shaffenburg 

With this 11 you can have a good result Vs T T by a good margin , and a good important Copa America.

8 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Trying to find a stream, but looks like he got an assist on the first goal!

This guy is having a Brym-like season in the 2nd tier...

What is it now, 20 games, 5 goals, 3 assists for Colyn?

Last year Brym racked up 35 games, 12 goals, 9 assists....so not quite the same level....but pretty close....and he's 4 years his junior, which is encouraging. 

Colyn's De Graafschap fall 5-3 away from home against ADO Den Haag. That was a big lose in the race for promotion, The victor's moved into 2nd and an automatic promotion spot. Colyn's squad stays in 6th, which is a promotion playoff spot. They are 7 points from 2nd.

Colyn was subbed out in the 69th minute with his team losing 3-2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...