General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

Here is my 23 man roster- Through the middle we seem pretty strong. FB doesnt have great depth. Winger could be good depending on JMRs position and sali commiting. Would love to hear who Im missing and should swap out. 

Jebbo (20)/JRR (21)/Michel (19)

Nelson (21)/sali (17)              Colyn (21)/costa(18)             Corbeanu(21)/dias(20)

Kone (21)/saliba (19)        Loturi (22)/ zouhir(20)   

Franklin (20)/poku(     Stefanovic (17!)/Smith(20)   LDF(18)/JKL(18)       Ferdinand(20)/ JMR(19) (MAYBE SIGUR...) 

Sirois (22)/Goodman (20)

Some possible honourable mentions 
Diallo
Pelligrino
Pearlman
Mbongue
kratt
Davidson
rea
Thompson
Priso
Tahid
Kerr
Pepple
Batyrev
Vilsaint
Cameron

Aged 23 
ahmed
David
Davies
mcgill
bombito
akinola
petrasso

Edited by Bigandy

10 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Here is my 23 man roster- Through the middle we seem pretty strong. FB doesnt have great depth. Winger could be good depending on JMRs position and sali commiting. Would love to hear who Im missing and should swap out. 

Jebbo (20)/JRR (21)/Michel (19)

Nelson (21)/sali (17)              Colyn (21)/costa(18)             Corbeanu(21)/dias(20)

Kone (21)/saliba (19)        Loturi (22)/ zouhir(20)   

Franklin (20)/poku(     Stefanovic (17!)/Smith(20)   LDF(18)/JKL(18)       Ferdinand(20)/ JMR(19) (MAYBE SIGUR...) 

Sirois (22)/Goodman (20)

I'd say that only michel, costa, dias, zouhir, poku, and ferdinand are guys I think are quite far from a sr call up. Everyone else could probably fit in at the camp with around 8 guys possibly able to give minutes

Taking out all senior team players, I'd like something like this:

Jebbison

Nelson Colyn Kratt

Zouhir Saliba

Franklin Stefanovic LDF JMR

Bench guys off the top of my head:

DM Michel

Smith

Thompson

Vilsaint

Pelligrino

Dixon

Vilsaint

Tahid

Not sold on Kratt as our best RW, but not sure who else to put there, and I definitely would want Nelson starting, so you need an RW as well. His numbers for Bremen II are insane though.

Best 11 of u23 Including 23 year olds who are not CMNT regulars
JRR
Nelson Colyn corbeanu
Saliba Loturi
Ahmed Stefanovic (bombito)JKL Franklin
Sirious 

Thats solid.... 

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Taking out all senior team players, I'd like something like this:

Jebbison

Nelson Colyn Kratt

Zouhir Saliba

Franklin Stefanovic LDF JMR

Bench guys off the top of my head:

DM Michel

Smith

Thompson

Vilsaint

Pelligrino

Dixon

Vilsaint

Tahid

Not sold on Kratt as our best RW, but not sure who else to put there, and I definitely would want Nelson starting, so you need an RW as well. His numbers for Bremen II are insane though.

I had the same idea of a non sr player team. Are jebbo, corbeanu, nelson, ldf and loturi sr players? I'd say jebbo is and everyone else isnt. 

JRR (Jebbo)
Nelson Colyn Corbeanu (JMR)
saliba loturi (zouhir)
Franklin stefanovic JKL LDF 

2 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

JRR
Nelson Colyn corbeanu
Saliba Loturi
Sirious 

Thats solid.... 

I had the same idea of a non sr player team. Are jebbo, corbeanu, nelson, ldf and loturi sr players? I'd say jebbo is and everyone else isnt. 

JRR (Jebbo)
saliba loturi (zouhir)

I would consider corbeanu a Sr player since he has 7 caps. Nelson and Loturi haven’t truly broken into the NT yet, and LDF hasn’t played a minute for the senior men’s yet, so I consider all of them “youth” player, though it’s arbitrary.  Jebbison has never been called to our or any senior team, so he’s a youth player to me.

also, forgot to include a keeper, but needless to say, I go with Sirois. Goodman as my backup. 

11 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I would consider corbeanu a Sr player since he has 7 caps. Nelson and Loturi haven’t truly broken into the NT yet, and LDF hasn’t played a minute for the senior men’s yet, so I consider all of them “youth” player, though it’s arbitrary.  Jebbison has never been called to our or any senior team, so he’s a youth player to me.

also, forgot to include a keeper, but needless to say, I go with Sirois. Goodman as my backup. 

Good points.... Could even take it a step further and say guys with no caps. 

This makes it a bit more challenging. 

JMR takes corbeanus spot. 
Jebbo for JRR
Loturi for zouhir
Nelson comes out for who..... I think it has to be a striker like michel and go a diamond 4-1-2-1-2. Unless colyn goes out wide and we move smith into a very defensive 3 man midfield..... maybe dias or kratt comes in..... if we can include sali, that solves the issue. 

If the Olympics were right now and we qualified, this would be my team. 3 non u23 players, 23 man roster. (Including realistic dual nats

Starting 11:

David*

Nelson    Colyn   Corbeanu

Kone  Loturi

Davies* Cornelius* LDF Franklin

Sirois

Bench: Goodman(GK), Gazdov(GK), JKL(CB/LB), Stefanovic(CB/RB), Antalongu(LB/LW), Saliba (DM/CM), Zouhir(CM), JMR(RB/RW), Thompson (CM/RB), JRR(CF), Kerr(W/CF), Priso(DM),Vilisant(AM/W/CF)

1 hour ago, Bigandy said:

JRR
Nelson Colyn corbeanu
Saliba Loturi
Sirious 

Thats solid.... 

JRR (Jebbo)
saliba loturi (zouhir)

Unless I am misunderstanding, I find that a little odd. The guys you were excluding him all actually been called up to the senior team, whereas the guy you are saying, is a senior team member, is the only guy who hasn’t been on a senior roster or called up to the senior team.

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Unless I am misunderstanding, I find that a little odd. The guys you were excluding him all actually been called up to the senior team, whereas the guy you are saying, is a senior team member, is the only guy who hasn’t been on a senior roster or called up to the senior team.

For sure and theres plenty of ways to look at it.  

My logic is that the only player who would be called up to our A team based fully on merit is Jebbo. I would argue LDF is also there on merit but am I being a bit bias because he's a dual national? 

Corbeanu and nelson deserve a shout at maybe deserving an A team call up but no coaching staff has deemed them worthy of it so far..... 

• 3 weeks later...

Tajon to complete his Inter Milan transfer today

Kone getting plaudits on the Guardian podcast for his Watford play

Ahmed getting links to European clubs - specifically Sporting Lisbon

Millar growing into a solid Championship side

A lot of good happening right now. Great way to start 2024 if you're a Canadian fan. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

A lot of good happening right now. Great way to start 2024 if you're a Canadian fan. 

I was thinking about this the other day too, seemed for a while like everyone was in a slump and right now it seems like everyone's in great form. Love it.

On the not-as-positive front, just want to report that the Calgary boys (Waterman, Adekugbe, Kennedy) along with Elijah Adekugbe and a couple others, entered themselves in a local 7 v 7 tournament here (Calgary) last week over their Xmas break.  They were the heavy favorites to win, but lost without even making the semi-finals.  Not sure how important that is, but not being on social, it's all the news I've got.  Cheers everyone.   😉🤔 

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

Isnt Mo Farsi getting links to clubs in the Middle East ?

2 hours ago, GasPed said:

On the not-as-positive front, just want to report that the Calgary boys (Waterman, Adekugbe, Kennedy) along with Elijah Adekugbe and a couple others, entered themselves in a local 7 v 7 tournament here (Calgary) last week over their Xmas break.  They were the heavy favorites to win, but lost without even making the semi-finals.  Not sure how important that is, but not being on social, it's all the news I've got.  Cheers everyone.   😉🤔 

Can't win a local Calgary tournament? Man we are screwed if that's the form we are bringing into March...

53 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

Isnt Mo Farsi getting links to clubs in the Middle East ?

He is. UAE I believe. He's in Dubai right now according to Social Media. His agent also came out saying they want to resign to Columbus. It's silly season but I think he takes the $ in the middle east to be honest. Is that good news for the CAMNT? I don't know, kind of meh or neutral from my perspective. Doesn't get him closer to either national team in my opinion. I wonder if he sees it differently...

9 hours ago, GasPed said:

Who were the other teams? Pros/college players or just anyone who can walk up?