Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I like Special K's optimism and I don't want to quell that but I think he overestimates the pull that playing for Canada has for folks who have other options.  Plus many of us have been around forever and the pain since 1986 or even 2000 has been immeasurable.  But to defend him on this one, he did say Tomori representing Canada is a small chance.  Hell, how many pages is the Hoilett thread up to?  And did any of us have absolutely no doubts that he would eventually put on a Canadian shirt 4-5 years ago? 

No one is shitting on him for saying there's a chance. The problem is he says shit like "if he hasn't played for England by the next WC he'll play for Canada" (paraphrasing)

4 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

No one is shitting on him for saying there's a chance. The problem is he says shit like "if he hasn't played for England by the next WC he'll play for Canada" (paraphrasing)

I didn't say that. Like I said before there's a chance that he could play for Canada if he's not chosen for the World Cup next year or the euros,  because he still won't be capped. England,Canada and  Nigeria  will all be in the same boat trying to qualify for 2022.  I would like to believe Canada will be a lot better in 2019 then right now, so we could be an attractive choice. We have young talent coming, good  progress with duels nationals and if we get them game changer, we are moving up in the rankings,  less competition to make the team and start. CONCACAF is a joke so good chance at  qualifying and Europe is making it harder for teams to  qualify (  General statement England is still England ) 

Yes England is still a sexy choice and I would say  Front runner , but we could be in a decent position to challenge for Tomori

9 hours ago, Brethers8 said:

4 of those are in the championship and won't sniff England if they don't get a move higher up. Also Johnson could be good or flop, and I suspect that Oxford will get forgotten somewhat if he stays out in Germany even though I rate him. I also rate Joe Gomez but he seems to get played more as a full back and I think he's good there

He's got Cahill, Jones, Stones, Smalling definitely ahead of him and that's it. Keane could get there as could Maguire but if Tomori actually plays regularly at Chelsea or another PL team he's on par with them IMO. He's actually quite close to breaking into the squad, IF he plays regular football

Not to get too of topic but I've see both Reece Oxford and Reece Burke play for West Ham and I think Burke is the currently the better prospect of the two. I do think going to Muchengladbach could really help Oxford as it did for Christensen at Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

I didn't say that. Like I said before there's a chance that he could play for Canada if he's not chosen for the World Cup next year or the euros,  because he still won't be capped.

This is your exact quote: "If he doesn't get called up for the World Cup next year and maybe euros, I believe Canada has a great chance at getting Tomori".

Sounds a lot like you're saying he'll probably pick us in the next 2-3 years if England don't call him.

4 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

This is your exact quote: "If he doesn't get called up for the World Cup next year and maybe euros, I believe Canada has a great chance at getting Tomori".

Sounds a lot like you're saying he'll probably pick us in the next 2-3 years if England don't call him.

" and maybe euros", well the next euros is in... 2020 so ya. I thought you were  mature experienced and knowledgable ?  I was hoping it was implied that you guys knew when the next  euro was. 

Edited by SpecialK

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

" and maybe euros", well the next euros is in... 2020 so ya. I thought you were  mature experienced and knowledgable ?  I was hoping it was implied that you guys knew when the next  euro was. 

"and maybe Euros" sounds like flakey teenager talk for "i'm talking out my ass"

11 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

"and maybe Euros" sounds like flakey teenager talk for "i'm talking out my ass"

Maybe to you but that's ok though,  I thought you knew when the next euros were, I guess you didn't? Next time I'll give more details so im clear, I wouldn't want to throw you a curveball or anything. 

Edited by SpecialK

15 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Maybe to you but that's ok though,  I thought you knew when the next euros were, I guess you didn't? Next time I'll give more details so im clear, I wouldn't want to throw you a curveball or anything. 

Making lots of friends here aren't you. Now i see why Canta argues with you so much.

3 years right?

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Idiot.

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Making lots of friends here aren't you. Now i see why Canta argues with you so much.

3 years right?

Idiot.

Hey I'm not losing sleep over  not making friends with old jaded, no hope Canada sucks supporters, you guys are like the two old grumpy men from the muppets, you guys hate every idea and just  criticize the hell out of people,  specially new people, Canada has a fan base  problem and you treat the form like an old boys club. 

Your calling me an idiot because I threw out the two upcoming events that he could be Capped and you couldn't put together that the next euro is in 2020, so I'm the idiot? 

you come on here criticizing me calling me I'm a teenager and talk about we are mature and all that bullshit. Then when I question you because you couldn't even figure out when the next Euro is and can't do the math and get what I was talking about, oh wait I'm idiot I forgot. 

Just because I have hope and believe  there is still a chance that he could come back to Canada doesn't make me wrong or right or an idiot.

Canada hasn't scored a goal in what the last to Gold cups ( before the this years) and now we tied Scotland and have gotten to the quarterfinals of the Gold Cup, we have gone from 122 to 95 in the World, Quality players are coming to play for Canada now and  potentially even more coming, also it looks like we might be hosting the World Cup, a brand new League is in works for Canada. It's time for you guys that are jaded as hell, to see the light and have some hope and  optimism for Team Canada. Oz said  Canada's mentality has to change on the field but it need to change off the field is well, the fan base needs to do that. 

8 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:Not to get too of topic but I've see both Reece Oxford and Reece Burke play for West Ham and I think Burke is the currently the better prospect of the two. I do think going to Muchengladbach could really help Oxford as it did for Christensen at Chelsea. 

I think I might have seen Burke play with Oxford against Colchester in a friendly a couple of years ago and we were all impressed with him. Im fairly sure it was him. How is he getting on?

23 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

well he was just loaned out to hull so here's his chance to proves he's good

This is good for us, keeps him out of the spotlight for now.

He'll be joining his Chelsea teammate, Michael Hector on loan at Hull.

6 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

This is good for us, keeps him out of the spotlight for now.

He'll be joining his Chelsea teammate, Michael Hector on loan at Hull.

Yeah Michael Hector, the Jamaican who probably holds the record for most loans in world football, at the age of 24.

Tomori's chances of playing for Canada are slim, but there is still a possibility of him not playing for England and Nigeria.  In addition to the fact that most national teams would need at most 4-6 CB's at any one time, and England has more depth than we do, he could fall through the cracks.  How many can't miss kids actually become stars.  I have read tens of names of young players on here in the past couple of years but how many have achieved a high level of success to this point?  Not many. If Tomori is one of those he just might suit up for Les Rouges.  Also it appears the Wizard of OZ is following through with these dual nationality players and hopefully he will push just enough to get those guys to commit when the time is right.