Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

12 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Fabian Johnson, was born in Germany, plays in Germany, played U21 German squad. Now plays for the USA. So anything is possible, so stop being a jaded prick! Have hope.

Johnson was 23 turning 24 at the time and was unlikely to break into the German NT. The US also is a top 30-40 NT and their coach at the time was a German legend. Stop being a fool.

15 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Fabian Johnson, was born in Germany, plays in Germany, played U21 German squad. Now plays for the USA. So anything is possible, so stop being a jaded prick! Have hope.

Stop including him in your lineups like he's one of the lads

Just now, SpecialK said:

You literally said:

Just now, SpecialK said:

If he doesn't get called up for the World Cup next year and maybe euros, I believe Canada has a great chance at getting Tomori 

I'd argue the last part of your statement is wildly optimistic but in line with some of our hopes and dreams. The first part of your statement (IN BOLD) goes beyond any rational (or even slightly irrational) optimism. It effectively says, if he doesn't make the senior England squad for 2018 he will forgo playing in...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_UEFA_European_Under-21_Championship

...to play friendlies for Canada that year? It makes no sense. Your drinking the kook-aid if you think he switches before July 2019.

I'm not jaded; I'm not old man @El Hombre ;)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

I mean by if doesn't make it in the next World Cup and euros, he won't be capped so right there, still got a shot. Do I think he'll make the World Cup next year hell no, euros maybe. 

But here's his competition ( CB under 25 ) and that list is just a simple sample from who has played for England. God knows who else could be called up for England. 

Joe Gomez - 20 Liverpool
Dael Fry-19 Middlesbrough
Joe Worrall- 19 Nottingham Forest 
Michael Keane - 24 - Everton
John Stones - 23 - Manchester City
Harry Maguire - 23 - Leicester City
Ben Gibson - 24 Middlesbrough
Reece Oxford 18 Borussia Mönchengladbach
Darnell Johnson 18 - u23 Leicester City
Easah Suliman 18 - u23 aston villa
Mason Holgate 20 Everton

There still a chance for Tomori to switch to back to Canada. Also by 2019 comes by, Canada might be top 50-60 or higher.

22 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I mean by if doesn't make it in the next World Cup and euros, he won't be capped so right there, still got a shot. Do I think he'll make the World Cup next year hell no, euros maybe. 

But here's his competition ( CB under 25 ) and that list is just a simple sample from who has played for England. God knows who else could be called up for England. 

Joe Gomez - 20 Liverpool
Mason Holgate 20 Everton

There still a chance for Tomori to switch to back to Canada. Also by 2019 comes by, Canada might be top 50-60 or higher.

Dude he's 20 and on Chelsea's bench

9 minutes ago, matty said:

Yea I so do I but he's English and seems to have the skills to make it there

I totally agree, it's a small chance but still a chance, lots can happen from 2017 to 2019. Weird shit happens in soccer all the time. 

Prime examples - Scotty Arfield not being called up by Scotland. Canada wins the gold cup in 2000, Canada ties Brazil, Arsène Wenger is still the manger of  Arsenal.

Edited by SpecialK

6 hours ago, matty said:

Dude he's 20 and on Chelsea's bench

Agree. I don't know why we still talk about him. The ship has sailed. Unless it hits an iceberg I'd consider the odds of Tomori joining the Canadian squad to winning lotto max. E gone. Eee gone. 

12 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Joe Gomez - 20 Liverpool
Mason Holgate 20 Everton

4 of those are in the championship and won't sniff England if they don't get a move higher up. Also Johnson could be good or flop, and I suspect that Oxford will get forgotten somewhat if he stays out in Germany even though I rate him. I also rate Joe Gomez but he seems to get played more as a full back and I think he's good there

He's got Cahill, Jones, Stones, Smalling definitely ahead of him and that's it. Keane could get there as could Maguire but if Tomori actually plays regularly at Chelsea or another PL team he's on par with them IMO. He's actually quite close to breaking into the squad, IF he plays regular football

12 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Joe Gomez - 20 Liverpool
Mason Holgate 20 Everton

I also wish we'd be top 50-60 by 2019 but how will that happen by only playing a few friendlies in 2018?

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

I also wish we'd be top 50-60 by 2019 but how will that happen by only playing a few friendlies in 2018?

There's another gold cup in 2019 and WCQ will start as well, plus Friendlies. 

Also there's the Olympics in 2020 ( and  qualifying ), I don't know if that counts ? 

Also there's Copa America, if we get invited.

1 hour ago, TFC2017 said:

I'd really like to know why Haiti is ranked so high. 

Part of the answer goes because of their qualifying results according to FIFA:

Win against Saint Kitts and Nevis
Win against Trinidad and Tobago
Win against Suirname
Win against Nicaragua
Loss against Nicaragua.

(Yes, I didn't count that loss against French Guiana, because I said according to FIFA)

Canada in its Gold Cup matches has this
Draw against Honduras
Draw againts Costa Rica
Loss against Jamaica.

While you say oh it's against better teams,  It doesn't matter. Haiti won 4 of its 5 meaningful matches while we couldn't win 1 of our 3 meaningful matches that count toward the FIFA rankings.

9 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Agree. I don't know why we still talk about him. The ship has sailed. Unless it hits an iceberg I'd consider the odds of Tomori joining the Canadian squad to winning lotto max. E gone. Eee gone. 

Like I get it could happen but it's not happening unless, as you said, an ice berg pops up. This is one thread that should be locked up for the time being.

I like Special K's optimism and I don't want to quell that but I think he overestimates the pull that playing for Canada has for folks who have other options.  Plus many of us have been around forever and the pain since 1986 or even 2000 has been immeasurable.  But to defend him on this one, he did say Tomori representing Canada is a small chance.  Hell, how many pages is the Hoilett thread up to?  And did any of us have absolutely no doubts that he would eventually put on a Canadian shirt 4-5 years ago? 

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

There's another gold cup in 2019 and WCQ will start as well, plus Friendlies. 

Also there's the Olympics in 2020 ( and  qualifying ), I don't know if that counts ? 

Also there's Copa America, if we get invited.

do you actually think we're getting invited

55 minutes ago, theaub said:

There are at least six CONCACAF countries that would get invited to Copa America ahead of us, and probably a couple more.

I'd say only 6. After that quality becomes too close to really notice a difference  and at that point might as well pick the super rich nation with lots of TVs