Molham Babouli

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, badname22 said:

On his latest  Instagram story he was wearing some sort of training kit with the Canada badge...could he have been called up for the June 13 friendly? 

Could he simply be proud to have represented Canada? 

1 hour ago, badname22 said:

On his latest  Instagram story he was wearing some sort of training kit with the Canada badge...could he have been called up for the June 13 friendly? 

@Olympique_de_Marseille wore a Canada training kit.

You read it here first. He's going to be playing at the Canada game on June 13

... in the stands.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

So apparently he's playing in Syria now, which is an interesting place to decide to go play. 

http://www.kooora.com/?n=622931

Ironic that this news came out the day after the guy he was cut for missed more clear cut chances in a single game then I think Mo did in an entire season for TFC, but in any event, good to see him land on his feet somewhere else even if I have no idea what any of that text says. Good find!

1 hour ago, matty said:

Interesting move. League is ranked 13th in Asia right now, even with the conflicts, so could be a good level for him. Wish him a successful and safe season.

Not to nitpick but the newest rankings have them 14th:

http://www.the-afc.com/afcasfeeds?view=ranking

They should likely move up to 12th next year when their abysmal 2014 point total gets removed.

Based on those standings it looks like there is a fairly sizeable drop after Australia (8th), as well as after Iraq (11th). The Syrian league is currently sandwiched between Hong Kong and India. Former FCE player Matt Lam is/was with Kitchee in HK, one of the top teams fwiw. I would mention Iain Hume but i think this Indian league being ranked is not for the IPL that he played in.

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Not to nitpick but the newest rankings have them 14th:

http://www.the-afc.com/afcasfeeds?view=ranking

They should likely move up to 12th next year when their abysmal 2014 point total gets removed.

Based on those standings it looks like there is a fairly sizeable drop after Australia (8th), as well as after Iraq (11th). The Syrian league is currently sandwiched between Hong Kong and India. Former FCE player Matt Lam is/was with Kitchee in HK, one of the top teams fwiw. I would mention Iain Hume but i think this Indian league being ranked is not for the IPL that he played in.

Blah just checked what I read and it was the Nov 2016 report.

While the drop is totally there, I feel it's still a decent league for him to play him play wise (I think we can agree it's likely a step up from L1O.....likely).

Also Malaysia isn't much higher and Issey played there for a few years and maintained his national team sport for a time IIRC. Hume's league isn't ranked yet.

17 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

2 things: How is the league in Syria still functioning with a war happening as we speak?

and second of all, why sign for a team in the city of Aleppo! 

Anyways wish him well and good luck, hope nothing bad happens to him. Hopefully he changes his mind and returns for when CPL kicks off

I think it's become fairly stable over the last year. Bombings still going on and there's still war but it's better. Some of the refugees are returning (at least for temporary periods and there is some debate about whether they're doing it by will or being forced into returning). I imagine they play to limited or no crowds and under pretty heavy security.

Soccer often continues during times of war. Iraq, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Somalia, Mali have all had or tried to have league soccer going on in recent times of war

On 9/21/2017 at 8:53 PM, Vince193 said:

So apparently he's playing in Syria now, which is an interesting place to decide to go play. 

http://www.kooora.com/?n=622931

WTF

On 9/21/2017 at 9:33 PM, Toje said:

Yep, pretty heavy security. Can't say I've played in or been to a match where there is a man with a bullet proof vest and machine gun at the end of every row.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 11:51 AM, Bison44 said:

I was offered a job once in an undisclosed African nation and when the headhunter showed me the pictures of the armed guards that protected the job site I politely declined. 

Maybe he still has alot of family connections in Syria, still hope to see him in CPL.

I'd take armed guards over swaths upon swaths of mosquitoes ;)