Molham Babouli

Dub Narcotic

Just yesterday I was opinin (off-line) that TFC have become too predictable using the 3-5-2 and the same personnel over and over again and that they should start to give some of the younger creative players like Babouli a chance to shake things up and try new things after 0 wins against 11 men in their first six matches this season. And in response, TFC goes ahead and does this.

Given that he was making the league minimum and is a domestic this will not save much other than a roster spot for TFC, whom they presumably will need to replace with another young inexpensive attacking player.

If this is being done to sign another young Canadian to the first team then it might move might be a little easier to swallow, but if it's to make room for the likes of Ben Spencer (who hasn't proven he can score for TFCII) or Aikim Andrews, both of him are cited in the article, then its going to be a sore point for me. It's already bad enough that they are giving chances after chances to Endoh but Babouli, who was the more productive player last year between the two, gets injured at the start of this year and then is cut.

3 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Just yesterday I was opinin (off-line) that TFC have become too predictable using the 3-5-2 and the same personnel over and over again and that they should start to give some of the younger creative players like Babouli a chance to shake things up and try new things after 0 wins against 11 men in their first six matches this season. And in response, TFC goes ahead and does this.

Given that he was making the league minimum and is a domestic this will not save much other than a roster spot for TFC, whom they presumably will need to replace with another young inexpensive attacking player.

If this is being done to sign another young Canadian to the first team then it might move might be a little easier to swallow, but if it's to make room for the likes of Ben Spencer (who hasn't proven he can score for TFCII) or Aikim Andrews, both of him are cited in the article, then its going to be a sore point for me. It's already bad enough that they are giving chances after chances to Endoh but Babouli, who was the more productive player last year between the two, gets injured at the start of this year and then is cut.

Considering we have Bill Manning on record saying the TFC fanbase wants winning ahead of CanCon then I'm under the impression they have no mandate to put Canadians ahead of the queue and I'm not expecting it TBH.

I agree with the sentiment that it would be a shame to see a Canadian released in favour of signing an American forward who has done absolutely nothing at the pro level, but I think Babouli had his chance, and quite frankly did nothing with it. He had the odd flash of brilliance in a sea of giveaways and failed shots. This isn't a repeat of the Quillan Roberts / Alex Bono situation in my books.

Now of course, it would be a shame to see Ben Spencer signed, because he is another mediocre American talent who seems to get preference without doing anything. But, perhaps TFC released is done to sign Liam Fraser? Not that I think Liam Fraser is anywhere near ready for the first team, but Vanney did say that he was close to signing a first team deal a little while ago.

5 hours ago, Havoc88 said:

Considering we have Bill Manning on record saying the TFC fanbase wants winning ahead of CanCon then I'm under the impression they have no mandate to put Canadians ahead of the queue and I'm not expecting it TBH.

Well this member of the TFC fanbase wasn't consulted by Bill Manning nor was any other member that I'm aware of. Was there a general questionnaire sent out to fans on this that anyone could response do? If so I'd like to know what question was actually asked. The whole thing was sounds very prejudicial against Canadians (unless they asked the same thing about US players, given that they too are domestics). Its not like winning vs. CanCon are some sort of mutually exclusive concepts that even needs to be asked about. If they asked "Do you prefer TFC developing young Canadian players so Canada can make the World Cup vs. developing young Americans, Japanese or Trinidadians?" I'd be extremely surprised if the answer came up negative.

For all of you critics of Mo and yes he did make his fair share of errors, I ask you how does Endoh stay on this team then? It seems like a failed back heel pass which was turned over and eventually found it's way in to the TFC net was Mo's last action for the 1st team, Vanney was pissed and never got over that error, funny how he can overlook blunders from a certain draft choice keeper!

On 4/22/2017 at 10:34 AM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Spencer, Fraser, Tefler.....I'm assuming some don't watch TFC2 games....but the next signing from TFCII should be Malik Johnson.

Edited by Guest

On 4/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, gator said:

For all of you critics of Mo and yes he did make his fair share of errors, I ask you how does Endoh stay on this team then?

Different position. Endoh is being groomed as a RWB backup for Beitashour (although I have my doubts on his ability to play there).

Hmmm, they are going through alot of effort to keep Endoh on the roster.....WHY??  Same with Delgado, lets try him at 3-4 different spots.  Having versatile players is great but this seems like no one wants admit Endoh isnt working out.  Something they didnt seem to have much trouble doing with Babouli.  

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Hmmm, they are going through alot of effort to keep Endoh on the roster.....WHY??  Same with Delgado, lets try him at 3-4 different spots.  Having versatile players is great but this seems like no one wants admit Endoh isnt working out.  Something they didnt seem to have much trouble doing with Babouli.  

If you have some who has a tendency to dribble in his own half and make poor soccer decisions leading to turnovers/defensive problems, he's only play as a forward.

5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I think Delgado genuinely is versatile though, whereas with Endoh they are trying to hope for something that isn't there. Delgado may stifle the offense at both ends of the pitch but at least for one of those ends its a good thing. From what I've seen with Endoh at the TFC II level, he can't even play the right-wing back position there as yet. The other thing is Delgado, like Babouli had been, count as domestics. Endoh takes up an international spot, making it even harder to justify his spot.

6 hours ago, shamrock said:

What chances did Endoh get this season though? Actually I think he's next.

Well 1 for big club and 3-4 games for TFC2.  Babouli didnt see 1 game this year.  With the glut of players in TFC midfield I would argue Endoh could have been cut first.  And he is taking up a International slot.  

4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Well 1 for big club and 3-4 games for TFC2.  Babouli didnt see 1 game this year.  With the glut of players in TFC midfield I would argue Endoh could have been cut first.  And he is taking up a International slot.  

Thought he had a US Green Card?

6 hours ago, shamrock said:

What chances did Endoh get this season though? Actually I think he's next.

Depends. I think they still don't know his best position. I think they drafted him as a project given that he has a decent soccer IQ. Problem is he's pretty much a jack of all trades; master of none with poor defensive instincts. 

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, badname22 said:

On his latest  Instagram story he was wearing some sort of training kit with the Canada badge...could he have been called up for the June 13 friendly? 

Oh man. That would be a classically CanMNT thing to do but I pray to god that doesn't happen. No offence to Mo but we have way better options at the moment. Unless we've lost a few players to the "I'd rather not play international football at all" camp.