Molham Babouli

Dub Narcotic

30 minutes ago, Buchta said:

He is off the roster...delays in the paperwork.

"Since last month, the Canadian Federation has been contacted several times to obtain a record of the player's matches with the Canadian under-23 team. In accordance with the requirements of the International Federation, the Canadian side has completely ignored the correspondence until this moment, which led to Molham Babouli not being approved for the final list of the tournament."

Haiti also took some shots at us before the Chicago game lol. That one was a lot more BS, but this does seem a little shitty of us

Edited by PiedPilko

13 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

"Since last month, the Canadian Federation has been contacted several times to obtain a record of the player's matches with the Canadian under-23 team. In accordance with the requirements of the International Federation, the Canadian side has completely ignored the correspondence until this moment, which led to Molham Babouli not being approved for the final list of the tournament."

Haiti also took some shots at us before the Chicago game lol. That one was a lot more BS, but this does seem a little shitty of us

Wondering if that's what fucked Baldisimo over with too

Interesting point about guys changing allegiance away from Canada. Can someone answer if they would they become foreign players in CPL or MLS or is there a rule that would allow them to still be considered domestic? To me in might me logical to embrace the latter. I understand we want more Canadian talent to replace the pipelines, but would seem shitty for a Canadian kid who swaps to represent another nation because they know they won't crack our national program then not be able to play professionally at home, especially at the CPL level.

11 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Interesting point about guys changing allegiance away from Canada. Can someone answer if they would they become foreign players in CPL or MLS or is there a rule that would allow them to still be considered domestic? To me in might me logical to embrace the latter. I understand we want more Canadian talent to replace the pipelines, but would seem shitty for a Canadian kid who swaps to represent another nation because they know they won't crack our national program then not be able to play professionally at home, especially at the CPL level.

Ryan Telfer was counted as Canadian for Ottawa this season despite playing for T&T 

13 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

1 minute ago, Atlantic said:

Ryan Telfer was counted as Canadian for Ottawa this season despite playing for T&T 

As Canadian citizens they are considered domestics in CPL and MLS. That's pretty straightforward labour law.

However, the Canadian Championship goes by FIFA nationality, so anyone not eligible to represent Canada is counted as a foreigner (and thus doesn't count toward the Canadian content rule).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...