Molham Babouli

Dub Narcotic

23 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

No, that’s why I said “someone was gassing their own people.” The UN investigators have found definitive proof of sarin poisoning and almost certain use of surface to air missels to deliver it, however they were not tasked with determining the perpetrators. The gas attacks have occurred in opposition held areas so it’s either the opposition doing it to themselves, the Assad regime or a group who is opposed to the opposition.

Right. What bothers me though is when people jump to conclusions about who did it, because there is no proof of who did (as far as I know). Nothing wrong with speculating and saying, "I think it was Assad" or "I think it was the FSA", but to talk as if you know for sure who's responsible, well that just rubs me the wrong way.

And it's sad enough to hear people on this board do that, but it is dangerous when powerful representatives of countries go on record and make claims (again, without proof) that it was Assad, and then act accordingly.

It theatens the fragile peace that we have in this world.

And as far as I am concered, even if you are only a just an average joe, if you irresponsibly perpetuate such claims without the evidence to back it up, you are part of the problem.

Innocent until proven guilty.

18 hours ago, Dub Narcotic said:

You can look at any independent civilian casualty count of the war in Syria and find that the Syrian-Iran-Russia-Hezbollah axis is responsible for somewhere around 90% of all civilian casualties in the current war, a war that was started when Assad's government started bombing civilian protesters whom were protesting for democracy as part of the Arab Spring. This doesn't include the incredible number of people not killed in combat but tortured to death in Assad's prisons or the lucky ones who were just flat out assassinated for being part of any kind of civilian opposition to Assad. This is nothing new for the Assad Baath communist dictatorship, as his father was responsible for some of the worst crimes against humanity in the 1980's, repeatedly massacring whole towns that were against his rule.

As usual, the Soviets/Russians have their 'Useful Idiots', whether they be called Trump or Grizzly who love to repeat their propaganda, no matter how ridiculous, for whatever psychological or ideological reason that only they can say.

As for Babouli, it was stupid as hell to go into this war zone, and he's not the first athlete to run into problems with conscription when playing in a country with mandatory military service where citizenship is held. Its the reason many Israelis immigrants will not go back to play in leagues there, for example. 

Using an argument that someone is "useful idiot" or "Putin bot" or some other insult is just an attempt to discredit someone instead of actually presenting any sort of valid argument. Additionally, I love how you grouped me in with Trump in that regard, the guy who just bombed Syria and did exactly what both I and Russia and all its according to you "useful idiots" oppose. You are not exactly making a lot of sense here.

What exactly has the "useful idiot" Trump done for Russia if he is as you claim he is Putin's Bitch? He hasn't bombed Syria enough for you? Hasn't put enough sanctions on Russia or expelled enough diplomats? Let's not forget that the whole RussiaGate narrative is based on the idea that Russia exposed the DNC rigging their own candidate election which led to an election between the victor of the rigged primary who advocated bombing Syria running against someone who advocated not bombing Syria and having good relations with Russia (the only part of his platform that made sense) who has now bombed Syria either because he was lying or the President is not actually free to do what he wants to do. And control of the media has made the debate about who revealed that the US elections were rigged as opposed to a criminal investigation and prosecution into those who rigged the election. This does not give the US much moral authority to spread democracy around the world.

I would suggest that any organization claiming that one side is killing 90% of the people in any war is likely not very independent or fair. It certainly does not square with even basic evidence like the extensive damage to government controlled areas in Syria or the way in which our forces have flattened cities like Raqqa.

The Arab Spring did begin with some justified protests against rulers and living conditions in Arab countries. I myself have visited Tunisia where it started during the Ben Ali years and am well aware of the repressiveness of his government. However, the protests were quickly hijacked by our western powers and used to overthrow governments we do not like and brought chaos and destruction to the region which was never the intent of the original protesters. Syria followed a similar pattern to western regime changes everywhere, there is some legitimate moderate opposition who we give money to and encourage. However, moderate protesters are a problem for us since they will usually come up with a reasonable solution of compromise with the government and not fulfill our aims. So we also fund and arm the radicals who are willing to overthrow the government. Then in the middle of some justified protests there are also extremists killing and attacking the government and when the government responds our media claims "Assad, Ghaddafy, etc" are firing on peaceful protesters when in fact they are fighting against a radical foreign funded and armed rebellion. The foreign funding also delegitimizes the moderate protesters with some valid claims because they then either switch to the government or become part of an opposition of radicals acting in the interests of a foreign government.

On 18/04/2018 at 11:12 AM, Dub Narcotic said:

Frankly, it's disgusting that Babouli is playing there in tacit support of the regime and disgusting that the World Cup is going ahead in Russia this year, but, "The Beautiful Game..."

22 hours ago, Dub Narcotic said:

As usual, the Soviets/Russians have their 'Useful Idiots', whether they be called Trump or Grizzly who love to repeat their propaganda, no matter how ridiculous, for whatever psychological or ideological reason that only they can say.

Wow.

If you think the Russia is any worse than the US, you should consider your quoted statements and take a very long look in the mirror.

• 6 months later...
On 4/19/2018 at 10:48 AM, El Hombre said:

Oh good, political discussions.  This should be interesting.

I'm tempted to show a picture of any stadium in North America and wonder aloud how many in the crowd work for General Dynamics or Lockheed Martin and how they live with themselves...

I was in New England for the Impact`s last game of the season and they were showing Raytheon ads on the electronic displays below the stands. I suspect the same people on here who were condemning Babouli for playing in Syria aren`t going to similarly condemn the Revolution players or MLS in general. Raytheon is a local company based in Massachusetts yet it is still interesting that they advertise in the stadium since no spectators are going to purchase anything they manufacture. 

https://www.salon.com/2018/06/27/raytheons-profits-boom-alongside-civilian-deaths-in-yemen_partner/

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

Any news on MO??  I kind of thought he might turn up at one of the open trials. 

I would have been shocked if he went there. Babouli is a somewhat known commodity. He wouldn't need to show up at the Trials. I think Trials is more for players who are unknown by CPL and I don't think there were players who were bigger names than Babouli at those. 

21 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Any news on MO??  I kind of thought he might turn up at one of the open trials. 

I checked and could not find any information about whether he was still at Al Ittihad Aleppo or not. If he is with them he hasn`t scored in any of their 5 games so far this season. I couldn`t find team lineups to any of their games but the scorers are listed and he is not listed as having scored.

I'm still bitter about him being released for Vanney's couch surfer Ben Spencer, that didn't work out so well did it? He gave the ball away trying a back heel pass in the attacking third and it ended up in a goal against, he never played for TFC again, maybe Vanney should hold those same standards to some of his favourites!

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

Likely heading for CPL then? 

MASL has a 24 game schedule beginning December 1

CPL would be the ideal league for him!

Until April he can stay fit and play in his native Missausaga 

When does the MASL season end? 

can someone investigate 

Edited by Thomas

10 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

CPL would be the ideal league for him!

Until April he can stay fit and play in his native Missausaga 

When does the MASL season end? 

Also found this on his Instagram: 

Could this mean he’s trained/been called up to Syria’s NT and changed allegiance!!

can someone investigate 

58B4B89F-9E28-425A-AA88-7C8D2EB8701D.jpeg

Not sure about this season, but last season went from October to March.

• 2 months later...