Anthony Jackson-Hamel

Dub Narcotic

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Yikes, are there going to be any Canadians left on the Impact after this week? The soon to be retired Bernier, Choiniere and Crepeau would make the minimum three on the roster, am I missing anyone?

Shome.

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Hmmm, wonder where he is off to? From hitting the post in his first minute in MLS, he always looked to me like he was capable at playing at that level. For whatever reason, just wasn't given a chance to get minutes.

Like Hamilton, AJH could be a bonfide star in this league if given a chance. I understand why he's sparingly used though for Montreal. They're good at central forward with the Italian and on the right wing with Oduro. If I was an MLS team, doesn't matter if he's domestic for US teams or not, I'd snap him up in a heart beat. Like I said at the start of this thread, he is the type of athlete that North American soccer needs to produce on a consistent basis so MLS can advance to the next level.

Edited by Macksam

3 hours ago, mikey_s_ said:

I think Camara counts too as he has permanent residency

Canadian PR doesn't count (unlike US PR) for MLS. So a US Green Card holder has a better status in Canada than Camara!

Canadian PR also doesn't count towards the CSA's quota for CC games if I remember correctly.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

36 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Canadian PR does count (unlike US PR) for MLS. So a US Green Card holder has a better status in Canada than Camara!

Canadian PR also doesn't count towards the CSA's quota for CC games if I remember correctly.

Are you trying to say that first "does" should say "doesn't"? I thought Canadian permanent resident does count as domestic in MLS (on Canadian teams). For the Canadian Championship I believe the requirement is CMNT eligible.

I really think this is a big mistake by Montreal. At 23 he is just hitting stride. 11 goals in 20 USL appearances shows he is more than good enough for the next level. Especially when you look at the level of players around him on that team.

My money is on Orlando to grab him.

We don't have much depth at forward right now so unless we are about to sign someone new, make a trade or this year's draft pick Nick DuPuy is totally outperforming him in practice getting rid of AJH doesn't make much sense. He is 23 and does need playing time but it seems to me he should be able to get a decent amount of time this year with Oduro, Salazar and Tabla being better on the wing and only DuPuy being direct competition for subbing out Mancosu at Centre Forward though maybe they might try Tabla at that spot too. A loan with recall option in case of injury to a NASL team like FCE might be an option to get him some steady playing time but I would be disappointed if they just cut him. Mancosu has been a great find but he can't play 90 minutes for every game this year. There will be playing time to be had at centre forward, it is not like the Tissot situation where he was behind Piatti and probably realized that he was soon going to be number 3 behind Tabla too.