Anthony Jackson-Hamel

Dub Narcotic

7 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Canadians have to earn their PT, this will only help him raise his game to another level. In fact, Biello should reduce his PT to make him hungrier and therefore better. Even bring in a Honduran and give him AJH's PT to help improve the CMNT.

I agree with all of that and will add maybe a tweak of the rules to make Canadians take up an international spot on Canadian team rosters will help improve our guys more by making them have to work even harder to grab a few precious minutes here and there! :D

47 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Canadians have to earn their PT, this will only help him raise his game to another level. In fact, Biello should reduce his PT to make him hungrier and therefore better. Even bring in a Honduran and give him AJH's PT to help improve the CMNT.

Not only this, but the Impact should bring in a few more unproven NCAA strikers. Who needs pro experience when you can give that time to people who might be good at the pro level.

Maybe he slept with Biello's or another coaching staff member's wife/daughter/cousin/sister/really hot aunt and he's being unduly punished. You can't cut him or lapse his contract because legally or code of conduct wise, AJH has done nothing wrong if said fornication took place....but when it comes to office politics...career suicide.

Edited by Macksam

10 hours ago, shermanator said:

Not only this, but the Impact should bring in a few more unproven NCAA strikers. Who needs pro experience when you can give that time to people who might be good at the pro level.

I get the cynicism, but the fact is they have let go all of the other strikers this season. It's now about letting the kid play. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Somehow he still didn't get a start. Yet still, subbed in with 30 minutes to go and gets an assist. Isn't it obviously that Montreal is a better team with him on the pitch? Or am i just biased?

When he started, he hasn't been as good. I don't know what it is, but I think the main reason why they were good was because they had 3 defensive midfielders who aren't known for their passing qualities to start the game. I think putting Ballou centrally was more important.

7 hours ago, Blackdude said:

When he started, he hasn't been as good. I don't know what it is, but I think the main reason why they were good was because they had 3 defensive midfielders who aren't known for their passing qualities to start the game. I think putting Ballou centrally was more important.

Nope. He changed the game when he came in. Yes it helped getting Mallace and Arragui out of there but AJH changed the dimension of the game and put pressure on the Vancouver goal we did not have when Oduro was the forward. Also how can you say AJH is not as good when he starts? He has only started a few MLS games in his career, I think it is 3, one this year, one last year and one a few years ago. In his one game he started this year last Saturday he had an assist and acted as a decoy on another goal. I watch him the whole game and he knows how to play striker, he is always putting himself in good position, pressuring the defenders, forcing them to cover him and leave other guys open and making them stay back and watch him when the opposing team goes on the attack. Oduro does none of this and while his speed can be effective on the wing he is terrible as a lone forward. Drogba always knew where to be on the pitch, Mancosu does also and AJH also has this ability. AJH should be starting every game that Mancosu is absent. 

10 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I agree that taking those guys out helped, and of course Ballou was good. But that doesn't take away from the fact that at the end of every play Jackson is in the right spot either getting a chance or creating one by his movement. Of course he should have scored his chance on the rebound, but considering how clinical he has been for Montreal this year I think we can give him a break on that one.

Grizzly is right, his sub in (combined with Robbo sitting on his ass for an extra 10 minutes when we were losing  control 2nd half, from m. 60 to 70) was a determining factor, it put pressure on our inexperienced backs, exposed them physically. And gave Impact a firmer attacking option. It was evident on the pitch. 

But the real problem was that Whitecaps has no tactical acumen from the bench, otherwise those IMPACT changes would have been properly absorbed, IMHO.

16 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Nope. He changed the game when he came in. Yes it helped getting Mallace and Arragui out of there but AJH changed the dimension of the game and put pressure on the Vancouver goal we did not have when Oduro was the forward. Also how can you say AJH is not as good when he starts? He has only started a few MLS games in his career, I think it is 3, one this year, one last year and one a few years ago. In his one game he started this year last Saturday he had an assist and acted as a decoy on another goal. I watch him the whole game and he knows how to play striker, he is always putting himself in good position, pressuring the defenders, forcing them to cover him and leave other guys open and making them stay back and watch him when the opposing team goes on the attack. Oduro does none of this and while his speed can be effective on the wing he is terrible as a lone forward. Drogba always knew where to be on the pitch, Mancosu does also and AJH also has this ability. AJH should be starting every game that Mancosu is absent. 

I'm not changing it didn't change, but I do think that Ballou playing centrally helped more. I do think it's a combination of factors that brought back the team because they had a stronger team once the double sub was made. I didn't say that AJH was useless. I just said that Tabla's presence was more important. I just think that playing Tabla centrally was more important in the match than Jackson-Hamel up front. 

About Jackson, I did consider the game where he came on in the 5th minute as a start because he played more than half of the game and had to be stretchered out. I do think that the fact that his happened might have made Biello think twice about starting him. I 

10 minutes ago, Dub Narcotic said:

Having great /90 numbers and good sub appearances are a great and necessary start but it is the step up to be effective as as starter against fresh legs and teams who have game-planned against you. 

You have articulated in a much better fashion part of what i was arguing about Alphonso Davies in the MLS thread.

15 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

So far in his pro career he's proven to be better off the bench. But I suppose it depends on the formation.

If we have 2 strikers it would be him and Ricketts fighting for that 2nd spot

12 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

So far in his pro career he's proven to be better off the bench. But I suppose it depends on the formation.

I keep having to repeat this but so far in his career his start last night was only the 4th or 5th start for the Impact in his entire career and only his second start this season though he did come in a few minutes after the start in the game in which Mancuso was injured. If we count that game and look at his 3 starts this year, he scored a goal and drew a penalty last night and he assisted on a goal and acted as a decoy on another in his only MLS start. In the game he subbed on for Mancuso he did not score but played strongly for 68 minutes before subbing out with a cramp and indeed whenever he is on he is putting a lot of pressure on the other team's defence even when he does not score. I am not sure where the idea he is better off the bench is coming from but it is certainly not from watching how he plays or being knowledgeable of how he has played when he started or even of how many games he has started. He has looked good and been effective both as a sub and during those very few opportunities he has had to start.

3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I keep having to repeat this but so far in his career his start last night was only the 4th or 5th start for the Impact in his entire career and only his second start this season though he did come in a few minutes after the start in the game in which Mancuso was injured. If we count that game and look at his 3 starts this year, he scored a goal and drew a penalty last night and he assisted on a goal and acted as a decoy on another in his only MLS start. In the game he subbed on for Mancuso he did not score but played strongly for 68 minutes before subbing out with a cramp and indeed whenever he is on he is putting a lot of pressure on the other team's defence even when he does not score. I am not sure where the idea he is better off the bench is coming from but it is certainly not from watching how he plays or being knowledgeable of how he has played when he started or even of how many games he has started. He has looked good and been effective both as a sub and during those very few opportunities he has had to start.

Respectfully disagree. He's played well as a starter but as a sub he's been elite. I think a part of it is after 65 minutes of chasing Oduro around opposing defenses are worn out and the last thing they can handle is a big strong forward who can muscle them around. I'm not saying he can't be a great starter, just from what I've seen so far with the impact he's been better as a sub. If you want to point to stats like you did, even after last nights game against the whitecaps b team his numbers are still better as a sub.

59 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

Respectfully disagree. He's played well as a starter but as a sub he's been elite. I think a part of it is after 65 minutes of chasing Oduro around opposing defenses are worn out and the last thing they can handle is a big strong forward who can muscle them around. I'm not saying he can't be a great starter, just from what I've seen so far with the impact he's been better as a sub. If you want to point to stats like you did, even after last nights game against the whitecaps b team his numbers are still better as a sub.

As Grizz said, he's only started twice this year. That's hardly enough time to say that he's better as a sub. He has made the most of his minutes, and I for one would like to see him given more starts to see what he can do with it (whether for the Impact or Canada)

1 minute ago, deschamp86 said:

As Grizz said, he's only started twice this year. That's hardly enough time to say that he's better as a sub. He has made the most of his minutes, and I for one would like to see him given more starts to see what he can do with it (whether for the Impact or Canada)

I'd like to see him start more as well before I said he was a better starter than a sub. I never stated he can't become a great starter and I hope he does.