Anthony Jackson-Hamel

Dub Narcotic

Back in 2017 he was probably our 3rd best striker. He's definitely nowhere near that right now though and probably doesn't have a future with the CMNT since he's now 27 and hardly playing. BUT I think he'd be a great CPL signing and would raise the level of the league for sure. I hope more guys who are still MLS quality-ish but aren't getting opportunities would go to the CPL, it would be win-win if they don't mind lower pay. 

10 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Back in 2017 he was probably our 3rd best striker. He's definitely nowhere near that right now though and probably doesn't have a future with the CMNT since he's now 27 and hardly playing. BUT I think he'd be a great CPL signing and would raise the level of the league for sure. I hope more guys who are still MLS quality-ish but aren't getting opportunities would go to the CPL, it would be win-win if they don't mind lower pay. 

Considering his contribution, AJH was on a pretty nice contract with Montreal, I think he was making low-to-mid 100k. 

At this point he may have enough financial security to be willing to take on a CPL contract, so that he can score a few goals and generate some buzz for himself, perhaps even leading to a European opportunity. Or the reverse could be true and he may not be willing to take such a pay cut. Sometimes you need to take a step back to take two steps forward.

If his Montreal days come to an end I can't imagine he wouldn't be at least considering the CPL.

Unfortunately, CPL really is the best he and we can hope for.  We all wanted it to work for him, but anyone who's seen his games the past 2-3 years can tell you his body can't take 90 minutes.  Its strange, he's young, seems in shape, but just doesn't have the stamina.  He's utterly gassed at 60-65 minutes, and that's without even covering much ground.  If he does last more than 75 minutes he gets carted off from injury.  Its the weirdest thing.  I don't know if its just the way his body is or poor training/diet. 

No choice but to use him as a sub if you're a goal down, otherwise if you start him, you know you're wasting a change on a young forward, which is a huge disadvantage strategically speaking. 

Besides that, he looks awfully rusty.  Really needs some minutes to get some confidence and timing back.

13 hours ago, costarg said:

Unfortunately, CPL really is the best he and we can hope for.

Reminder, he does have the potential to feature in at least one more match with the Impact:

https://www.concacafchampionsleague.com/en/article/orlando-s-exploria-stadium-to-host-final-stages-of-2020-scotiabank-concacaf-champions-league

https://mcusercontent.com/78d3589fb61466b549ff752e5/files/cca27b5a-ce66-4384-a4c1-a424b944c763/AllClubs_SCCL2020_35PlayerRosters.pdf

14 hours ago, Bdog said:

probably doesn't have a future with the CMNT since he's now 27 and hardly playing.

Likely true but he might have a shot of making Camp Poutine 2021.

• 7 months later...
34 minutes ago, narduch said:

Retiring from soccer?

Wow that really sucks. There was a point in time where I thought Anthony Jackson-Hamel would at the very least become an impact player at the MLS level. Him and Jordan Hamilton have always flashed at the MLS level, but never fully broke through (and were dominant at the level below).

I'd imagine he has an alternative to the sport, because at the very least he could be a star in the CPL (in the mould of a better Anthony Novak). Congrats on a solid career, and good luck on your next move AJH!

• 5 months later...

He seems to have become a DJ.

He has close ties to the guy who organized the now infamous Sunwing charter party flight to Mexico.

AJH is presently (stuck?) in Tulum. :D

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2022/01/05/un-entrepreneur-controverse-au-modele-daffaires-inusite

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

11 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He has close ties to the guy who organized the now infamous Sunwing charter party flight to Mexico.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2022/01/05/un-entrepreneur-controverse-au-modele-daffaires-inusite

He kind of looked like he could be a "DJ type of guy" to me, so I am not too surprised.

image.png.f0a293d339688ca845e5bf84fd5b0cc2.png

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

You beat me to it.  I was reading that about an hour ago and was going to post it here.  Its not clear from what i read what kind of involvment he (AJH) had with respect to the events on the plane or if he was part of group.  But i am reading more and more about the organizer of the event.  Seems that this guy changed his name and has had a few legal “run ins” in the past and has been under a cloud of fraudulent practice going back a while. 

Edited by Free kick