Anthony Jackson-Hamel

Dub Narcotic

31 minutes ago, Alex D said:

That's all we did in Niagara. I think It's a Canadian thing. 

It is apparently. I remember I did grade 1, 2, and 3 at a Brampton elementary school where it was super prevalent and then did grades 4, 5 and 6 at one where it wasn't, and whenever the weather permitted us to play soccer on the actual soccer field with an adult sized ball at the latter school, I was miles a head of the other kids when it came to my first touch, 1 v 1 attacking, 1 v 1 defending and general dribbling.

We do actually foster an environment in this country to produce the type of individuals you see in Latin America and southern Europe. We just have to harness it a little better. 

Edited by Macksam

I can't really see the Impact wanting to let him go. They don't have much depth up front right now and Mancosu hasn't really done much this year. If the Impact do bring in another forward then maybe I could see the team wanting to move him.

Maybe it was a message from AJH (and entourage) that if he doesn't start playing more he wants to leave. This I would find a lot more believable and have a hard time arguing with.

16 hours ago, Alex D said:

That's all we did in Niagara. I think It's a Canadian thing. 

We did it here in Calgary as well, with a tennis ball. Throw a couple of hats up for nets on the gravel playground. Goalie could have a cap as a glove. Have to say I was quite the keeper until one game when I was pile driven into the gravel.

Then Grade 4 hit and we were on the other side of the school and murderball ruled the day.

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Just goes to show what a Canadian kid can do when given an opportunity. You can ask "what if?", what if he'd been released as was speculated a couple of weeks ago? What about other young Canadians cast aside too early the past few years? 

Or guys glued to the bench...like Hamilton at TFC???