Kianz Froese

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

While Chonière seems to have had a strong level in MLS for a few years, at least, Froese has just now made this jump up to B2. So I think one is a case of being ignored, the second is a question of making a case for himself to not be ignored in the near future.

Fair point.

WOW, it seems so long ago, 8-9 years now that he was breaking in with the whitecaps.  Its hard to believe he is still chugging along, still rising up the table in germany.  If I get UT correctly, he is at a low end B2 which equates to MLS type quality.  I hope he can stick it out this season, get another call up  to CMNT.  I wonder what the CDN record is for time between caps?  If he plays in 2024, thats damn near 9 years.  

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

WOW, it seems so long ago, 8-9 years now that he was breaking in with the whitecaps.  Its hard to believe he is still chugging along, still rising up the table in germany.  If I get UT correctly, he is at a low end B2 which equates to MLS type quality.  I hope he can stick it out this season, get another call up  to CMNT.  I wonder what the CDN record is for time between caps?  If he plays in 2024, thats damn near 9 years.  

I guess I saw Froese play back when, funny that.

I also recall the initial take was here was a kid who had box-to-box potential. 

Seriously, if the team avoids relegation that will be a lot, looking at B2 in Germany, those are all teams with top flight histories, some a lot some a bit, and even trophies, except Wiesbaden, Froese's team, in their fourth season ever in B2; and Elversberg from Saarland, it's their first season ever this high up.

11 hours ago, Bison44 said:

No idea but Pat Onstad returning to the NT at 42 comes to mind. But I bet he only had  been away for a few years at that point, even.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, narduch said:

Appears to have lost his starting spot.

Starting from the bench v Hansa Rostock.

I think that's 3 matches in a row now starting from the bench

He got on around m. 78 and they scored the winner, 1-0, just before m. 90. 

Don't know if he was in on the goal.

They push into midtable, big win vs.  former B1 team.

Okay so we need midfielder depth and recently we've seen Ahmed and Choniere make their debuts from MLS, we've seen Loturi and Paton make their debuts from the SPL....do we bring in a guy from the 2.Bundesliga?

He's in his prime and he's getting minutes for a team that's middle of the pack. At this point I would like to squeeze him into the roster to see what he can do. 

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Okay so we need midfielder depth and recently we've seen Ahmed and Choniere make their debuts from MLS, we've seen Loturi and Paton make their debuts from the SPL....do we bring in a guy from the 2.Bundesliga?

He's in his prime and he's getting minutes for a team that's middle of the pack. At this point I would like to squeeze him into the roster to see what he can do. 

Need friendlies to check new players . . . . oh wait. BTW, the women will have had four friendlies by year end. Does that mean that the men are owed four friendlies due to required reciprocity for the programs?

2 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

Need friendlies to check new players . . . . oh wait. BTW, the women will have had four friendlies by year end. Does that mean that the men are owed four friendlies due to required reciprocity for the programs?

That's not what reciprocity means in 2023.  It means you're automatically and unconditionally branded a jerk for asking that question and 2 more friendlies for the women.

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

I don't think he's played much midfield in the last few years. He keeps getting pushed higher up the pitch 

15 hours ago, Obinna said:

I would say froese is in an almost identical spot to colyn. They are making a case for themselves but its not quite clear that they deserve a call up. 

1 hour ago, Bigandy said:

I would say froese is in an almost identical spot to colyn. They are making a case for themselves but its not quite clear that they deserve a call up. 

If he continues to feature and impress at club level, and turning 22, Colyn might get a look in 2024 if we get a friendly or two apart from competitive matches.

39 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I don't think November is the window, but it would be cool to see him get a chance in 2024, especially if his modest club survive 2.Bundesliga (or do better - they are in 7th rn B))

Any chances would have to come after September. I would love for more guys to get opportunities, it just doesn't seem realistic. 

Real missed opportunity by not playing any in September and only 1 in October.

Theres just so many names deserving of a call up, with limited windows to experiment or give out opportunities.

21 minutes ago, Shway said:

Any chances would have to come after September. I would love for more guys to get opportunities, it just doesn't seem realistic. 

Real missed opportunity by not playing any in September and only 1 in October.

Theres just so many names deserving of a call up, with limited windows to experiment or give out opportunities.

If thee are any injuries before the roster is called, Froese could be called in for an introduction to the program. Maybe he steps up with such an opportunity.

1 hour ago, Stoppage Time said:

If thee are any injuries before the roster is called, Froese could be called in for an introduction to the program. Maybe he steps up with such an opportunity.

There would have to be several injuries for that to happen. 

1. David, Larin, Buchanan, Davies
2. Millar, Hoilett, Brym, Cavallini, Ugbo
3. Nelson, Shaffelburg, Corbeanu, Bair JR-R

Then there's the never been called up:

Colyn, Kerr, Kulenovic. 

He's gotta be doing better than he is. A lot of guys are at similar levels and have had a better season/performing better. 

I will say I miss the 3 game windows. It brought a unique aspect to international football where rotating/using the entire squad was inevitable. 

8 hours ago, Shway said:

There would have to be several injuries for that to happen. 

1. David, Larin, Buchanan, Davies
2. Millar, Hoilett, Brym, Cavallini, Ugbo
3. Nelson, Shaffelburg, Corbeanu, Bair JR-R

Then there's the never been called up:

Colyn, Kerr, Kulenovic. 

He's gotta be doing better than he is. A lot of guys are at similar levels and have had a better season/performing better. 

He's playing at a higher level than half those guys.

Anyways since you don't watch him you have absolutely no idea how he's performing.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's playing at a higher level than half those guys.

Anyways since you don't watch him you have absolutely no idea how he's performing.

Whats with the smug attitude?

Also he’s playing at a higher level that one third of those listed, not half. 

Edited by king1010

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Whats with the smug attitude?

Also he’s playing at a higher level that one third of those listed, not half. 

It's UT. He is God here. He's allowed to act whatever way he wants here. 

I have recently watched him play before, but it doesn't change anything. I would actually argue that it's less than that, and not just a third. I believe MLS, SPFL, Swiss League, and EFL Championship are arguably better than 2. Bundesliga. 

49 minutes ago, narduch said:

Only guy on this list that I would call Froese ahead of are JRR and Bair

And for me, I've been watching Bair play, and I would call him up over Froese. His style is completely different from what we have (outside of Larin, we have zero hold up strikers), whereas Froese is similar to some others.