Kianz Froese

9 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I wonder if based on the rule changes, Froese can suit up for Cuba again.

Realistically his time with Canada is probably over.

He's in the same age cohort as Eustaquio btw, so this may be a tad premature. 

Liga 3 probably isn't going to cut it, but if he could find a path to the 2.Bundesliga he's probably back on the radar.

FWIW Elva is also the same age (1996), so if we are talking about Froese giving up on his Canada chances the same may apply to him or even Jordan Hamilton (another 1996) for that matter.

Like Froese has just two Canada caps, if I am not mistaken. Hamilton would be Jamaica eligible.

Edit: Marco Bustos too is a 1996. There were rumblings about him and Chile recently, no?

Edited by Obinna

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He's in the same age cohort as Eustaquio btw, so this may be a tad premature. 

Liga 3 probably isn't going to cut it, but if he could find a path to the 2.Bundesliga he's probably back on the radar.

FWIW Elva is also the same age (1996), so if we are talking about Froese giving up on his Canada chances the same may apply to him or even Jordan Hamilton (another 1996) for that matter.

Like Froese has just two Canada caps, if I am not mistaken. Hamilton would be Jamaica eligible.

Edit: Marco Bustos too is a 1996. There were rumblings about him and Chile recently, no?

Things can change for sure, but he's now joined a looks to be relegation battling (3 straight losses to start the season) club in the 3. Liga and there's a lot of midfield options playing at higher levels that are younger than him. For example I'd take Priso/Fraser/Baldisimo/H. Paton/ and even maybe B. Paton and Chapman before I'd take Froese.

Elva is injured I think so the jury is out on what he can do at the 2. Bundesliga level. But we have a lot of wingers he'd have to contribute more than he did in the 3. Liga to really be an option which is a tall ask as the level is higher.

Hamilton has played himself way off the radar simply from his lack of playing time and production over the years. I like him but he's wayyyyyy down the striker chart. 

Bustos is interesting and definitely a case study on guys like Hamilton who stick it out vs guys like Bustos who try to find the place they can excel at. I think he could play a role for Canada but he needs to continue to be unplayable for Pacific. I think some have said what holds him back is his speed.

You've made me think about the 1996 age group and how honestly disappointing it turned out especially with the amount of hype that group got. Eustaquio is there simply because he was born that year but really he sort of doesn't count as he joined the program way later and we were tracking this group of guys since the 2013 U17 WC. The one positive is at least they're all still professionals for the most part.

I think about the guys we were all hyped on. Bustos/Froese/Carducci didn't make it at Vancouver and ended up not playing much of a role for Canada (Carducci though has found a nice home and is in competition for the #3 spot), Hamilton had a good stretch for Toronto but then fell off, and is now doing okay for Indy Eleven, Hanson Boakai, sheesh what the hell happened there.

Elva joined the program later and there was a lot of hype for him and he sort of flamed out at Stuttgart.

Our 1997s have fared much better.

• 1 month later...

Kianz is in the 3.Bundesliga Team of the Week. It's his first nomination of the season. An awesome start for him having just started with them after being without a club all off-season. Havelse seems to rely on him a lot and he's helped them with a tie and win in the last two games. Avoiding the drop will still be difficult but far from impossible if he/they keep it up.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still think it is the best 3rd tier in the world, better than League One.

The competitive level is higher. 

It is a good team to be on, salaries are decent, pretty good place to be as well. While B3 is not Canadian national team level, just one step up into B2, and he could be there. I'm surprised he's still that young.

• 11 months later...
24 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I haven’t kept up with him, does he have a realistic chance of being kept when they go up to 2. Bundesliga? Looks like Wiesbaden beat the brakes off of Bielefeld.

He’s been fairly good the last three seasons in 3. Liga. 11 goal contributions this season while mainly coming off the bench is pretty good IMO. In saying that he just as easy could become victim to the roster turnover that comes with promotion (sometimes).

Edited by Atlantic

• 1 month later...

I suspect Froese will be leaving Wiesbaden as they've now signed two attacking midfielders Nick Batzner from the Belgian league and Hyun-ju Lee from Bayern II. i don't really see Froese playing much with those two ahead of him.  On the plus side he's looked solid in the 3. Liga so he'll probably get lots of interest from 3. Liga teams.

Edited by Nate3322

21 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

I suspect Froese will be leaving Wiesbaden as they've now signed two attacking midfielders Nick Batzner from the Belgian league and Hyun-ju Lee from Bayern II. i don't really see Froese playing much with those two ahead of him.  On the plus side he's looked solid in the 3. Liga so he'll probably get lots of interest from 3. Liga teams.

He's been in Germany for 8 seasons and hasn't really progressed much. I don't know what his wages are like, but I imagine he'd be a decent CPL signing

29 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

He's been in Germany for 8 seasons and hasn't really progressed much. I don't know what his wages are like, but I imagine he'd be a decent CPL signing

I agree he'd be a quite a solid CPL signing I doubt he'd come tho wages in the 3. Liga are higher than the CPL by a fair bit and level of play is slightly better. 

• 3 weeks later...