Kianz Froese

Glad Kianz is getting some shine. Haven't seen him play in a few years but didn't have the profile of a player that I would think would peak early and fizzle out. Very strong, competitive and technical. I could see him parlay this in to bigger move this summer and I could see him right back in the Canada mix

22 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Glad Kianz is getting some shine. Haven't seen him play in a few years but didn't have the profile of a player that I would think would peak early and fizzle out. Very strong, competitive and technical. I could see him parlay this in to bigger move this summer and I could see him right back in the Canada mix

It feels like he has been around forever. In reality he is only 1 year older than Miller and Cornelius. 

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I felt the same. I expected him to progress in Europe faster than he has to date, but hopefully this is the start of that trajectory. I've only seen the occasional highlights of his time in Germany, but I've always felt he was a decent player 

21 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I felt the same. I expected him to progress in Europe faster than he has to date, but hopefully this is the start of that trajectory. I've only seen the occasional highlights of his time in Germany, but I've always felt he was a decent player 

Very good player and just turned 24. I think he just got lost in the shuffle a bit but clearly he's playing well. Seems to be a contributor to his team and would expect a move up this window. Excited to watch the game tomorrow 

Edited by SpursFlu

19 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Kianz has performed very well when he has played.  However he has had to deal with  a number of injuries over the past few years which impacted his progression. 

Well I tried to watch, best as I could, though of course that was not the most engaging match. Hard to evaluate a player whose team has not played a competitive match in months, a fourth tier vs. a team vying for a Champions spot. Few if any of the Saarbrucken players showed anything of interest, and he was amongst that bunch. And tactically the coach did not really challenge Bayer with anything of interest, apart from sitting back and trying to absorb their pace. He tends to put his head down, does not combine that well, and did not seem to respect his rival trying to dribble and getting caught out, I was not impressed.

We've all seen lesser sides challenge higher ones in Cup matches, but without a home crowd pushing a lot of your chances go out the window, so everything against them. That is why I won't judge Kianz's performance. If their back line had not been so innocent clearing they may have made more of a match of it. 

Spanish announcers called him González-Froese the whole time, I was like WTF, then I checked out his birth name, double surname from Cuba, they were right. 

There were a few times when he was in tight space that he tried dribbling out and was caught when first came on.  But once he shook off the rust and actually had a bit of space to run I thought he showed well.  There was the one run in the 89th or 90th minute that he dribbled and then ran by a few defenders and put in a decent cross. I thought he did well for his limited time and against a strong opponent as well.  Didn’t look out of place