Kianz Froese

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

Valour links are predictable but surely they cant add yet another mid? Pacific or edmonton would be a good fit imo. 

I could see Valour only because he's from Winnipeg but that roster is big and already dealing with a lot of issues.

Edited by VinceA

Froese would be a perfect fit for Valour if not for their log jam in midfield. 

I think he should give it a go for at least one more season in Europe. His resume is similar to Elva so I have hope he'll find a good club situation soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just hoping he would move up a division (or two). Seemed like he had a decent season and he probably only got released because he wasn't going to make the first team any time soon. Saarbrücken is a club rich in history and has promotional ambitions so maybe that's the route he needs to take.

6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Ouch! I’m shocked he a CPL team didn’t push hard for him.  Specially when MLS teams are looking at CPL players. 

If this doesn't work out after one season he's a lock for Valour, I'd say, reuniting with Winnipeg buddy Bustos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 11:08 PM, longlugan said:

Signed a 1 year deal with FC Saarbrücken in the Regionalliga(4th division)

A bit underwhelming as I'd hoped for at least a D3 level club. But he couldn't catch a break in the offseason like Elva did last year.

They're bound to become Champions in their division (Südwest) considering Waldhof Mannheim finally promoted last season and this year, the SW winner gets automatically promoted to the 3d Division (no playoff game required).

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game was absolutely mental. The Saarbrucken keeper saved a penalty late in the game to keep his team ahead, then in injury time the Dusseldorf keeper went up for a corner, got a head on the cross which was then headed in for the equalizer. In the shootout Dusseldorf twice had a chance to win it with a goal and twice the Saarbrucken keeper saved it, then he saved another one for the win (not to mention he saved one in the opening 5, making him 4/10 in the shootout). SofaScore gave him a perfect 10 rating (and that's not even taking the shootout into account).

Besides the assist, Froese scored the 8th penalty for his team. As he was walking back he appeared to smack talk the upcoming Dusseldorf pk taker 😂 (didn't work as the Dusseldorf player scored). Froese also had a nice burst into the box in extra time but the keeper made a good save on him. I only started watching with 5 mins to go in the 90 so I can't really comment on how Froese played, but he appeared to be a central midfielder.

As an aside, I had no idea the Pokal was shown for free on YouTube with English commentary. Pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

When coach Carl Robinson made it clear to him he wasn’t going to be a starter in Vancouver, he expressed his desire to go to Europe to prove himself there. A series of transfers fell apart before the move to Fortuna came through. “I said to him, ‘Listen, my dream is to play in Europe, and whether that’s fifth division, eighth division or 90th division, it didn’t matter to me. That was what I wanted to do,” said Froese. “It was a big learning time because it was the first moment I actually learned what football is, and what can happen. That helped forge my character because then I went to Germany and I got a professional contract, when (Robinson) told me himself, ‘You’re delusional if you think you’re going to have a path in European soccer.’

carl robinson is such a piece of shit lmao

Edited by saladroit

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

Great news for Kianz.  It's been a difficult few years for a player that showed  a lot of potential in the youth ranks. The best part is he probably got a lot of exposure with the 2 wins over B1 teams and that has to help  with a contract extension or move to another club in B3/2.  Wish him well in semi.

25 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Great news for Kianz.  It's been a difficult few years for a player that showed  a lot of potential in the youth ranks. The best part is he probably got a lot of exposure with the 2 wins over B1 teams and that has to help  with a contract extension or move to another club in B3/2.  Wish him well in semi.

For sure. He also has "Canadian international" on his resume, and the Germans may take notice of that considering what Alphonso is doing over there. 

And he is an ex-Whitecap. Imagine that affiliation giving you a boost in a place like Germany. It's now very possible, thanks to Davies!

• 2 weeks later...