Kianz Froese

Interestingly enough, although Transfermarkt doesn't show him as being capped for the Cuban youth team...

image.png.6d8ef0981c81eeb3df791afad36379a3.png

These external links from Wikipedia do show him as playing in the 2011 U17 World Cup qualifiers for Cuba.
https://web.archive.org/web/20110711101533/http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1060601
https://web.archive.org/web/20110711101604/http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1060608

So I think @An Observer is right. He is cap tied to us.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 6:57 AM, shamrock said:

Don't know if it's been said before, but 1. FC Saarbruecken was promoted to the 3. Bundesliga. I think Froese is on a 2yr contract (from  memory so could be wrong) so that would make him a pro again. 

Acc to Transfermarkt, his contract end next Tuesday, the 30th. No word on re-signing for them?

28 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Acc to Transfermarkt, his contract end next Tuesday, the 30th. No word on re-signing for them?

I’m pretty sure he did a week or two ago, unless I had read an old article which is entirely possible 

Edited by Weng

1 hour ago, yothat2 said:

is he playing well enought to get called up?

Probably not, Saarbrücken are playing around the same level as the Cpl right now and since we have lots of depth in the position I don't think he'll get a call up right now even though he did look good in the DFB Pokal. He could however get a call up if he has a really good season in the 3 liga and/or a move to a better league.

Edited by Nate3322

Short answer:  No.  

Long answer:  The program has more depth of players that a guy playing in lower levels of Europe (like B4 or B3) won’t be getting callups.  

There’s MLS regulars and CPL stars getting exposure who aren’t getting calls.  MLS regular, CPL star is now the floor of the program.

Not to say he doesn’t deserve a call up because of this but all I remember of Froese was his performance against the US in that 1-0 loss (that could have easily been 5-0). He was terrible, as was the entire squad in fairness, but hard to forget that 

22 hours ago, Nate3322 said:

Probably not, Saarbrücken are playing around the same level as the Cpl right now and since we have lots of depth in the position I don't think he'll get a call up right now even though he did look good in the DFB Pokal. He could however get a call up if he has a really good season in the 3 liga and/or a move to a better league.

If Austrian Bundesliga 2 is a higher level than CPL, then I would imagine Germany Bundesliga 3 is higher as well. Therefore, if someone from the CPL can be considered, certainly Froese can as well

21 minutes ago, An Observer said:

If Austrian Bundesliga 2 is a higher level than CPL, then I would imagine Germany Bundesliga 3 is higher as well. Therefore, if someone from the CPL can be considered, certainly Froese can as well

Well he hasn't played in the 3 Liga yet only in the Regionalliga Sudwest which isn't as good as the Cpl but if he has a good season in the 3 Liga I don't see why he shouldn't be considered.

Edited by Nate3322

3 hours ago, yothat2 said:

If kianz moved to the CPL would be be one of the stronger players in the league 

It’s so difficult to predict that. While in Vancouver I thought he had a higher ceiling than Bustos, but he’s never really broken through like I expected

I don’t have a clear understanding of what his position is, but he is in the midfield right? CPL players have been getting consideration on defence and Borges got some consideration to get a run out. I don’t think Froese at midfield though has a shot at the moment. Who do you drop for him? We are too deep there.

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

I don’t have a clear understanding of what his position is, but he is in the midfield right? CPL players have been getting consideration on defence and Borges got some consideration to get a run out. I don’t think Froese at midfield though has a shot at the moment. Who do you drop for him? We are too deep there.

Yeah I don’t think he’s anywhere near really getting into our midfield. If we have a camp with some friendlies where the players in Europe don’t come or something, it could be possible though. Really that’s the only reason someone like Borges got a chance as well probably.

Unless he went to Germany and started smoking crack he would be one of the best players in the CPL. There is no reason he would be a worse player at 24 than he was at 19. There are Whitecaps residency kids playing in the CPL who aren't as good as Kianz was when he was their age

On 7/4/2020 at 3:28 PM, Floortom said:

Not to say he doesn’t deserve a call up because of this but all I remember of Froese was his performance against the US in that 1-0 loss (that could have easily been 5-0). He was terrible, as was the entire squad in fairness, but hard to forget that 

He was also being played out of position as a winger, if i recall. He's not nearly fast enough for that position and it showed.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...