Kianz Froese

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

What's with the insults? 

I appreciate you think @Shway can't answer for himself, but I think he probably can.

How was that an insult?
image.png.6d618f971d6cc0a33f35f9bfd802ec76.png

He @king1010called you out for exactly what you usually do around here. 

You assumed I haven't watched him, and because you do, you are God of decisions and opinions. 

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What's with the insults? 

I appreciate you think @Shway can't answer for himself, but I think he probably can.

Its not an insult. It’s a reflection of the words you choose to type and how you come off time and time again. 

if you’re looking for a direct response from Shway then direct msg him. Otherwise posting in an open forum means anyone can reply to your comment. 

Edited by king1010

53 minutes ago, narduch said:

Only guy on this list that I would call Froese ahead of are JRR and Bair

2nd Bundesliga is likely the best 2nd tier in the world or close, or at least rival to Championship. It's only 18 teams, no filler, more competitive matches, less throwaways, and almost all the teams (except for his and another) have B1 histories and many have trophies.

The only reason people harp about Championship is cultural bias and a lot ignorance of non-English leagues.

And B3 is, from what I can tell the best third tier in the world.

Moving between Championship or B2 and top flight Switzerland, Norway, Denmark or similar top flight is equivalent. Only the very best players, or hot young prospects, go from them to elite top flights. If folks think Millar moved up to Preston, or Corbeanu moved down to Switzerland, I am not sure. Then MLS is at the level of the top 4 second divisions, I don't think any MLS team could survive in a top 4 top flight.

The key difference is that Millar, Corbeanu, Hoillet of course, Ugbo, have been at this equivalent level for a few years now, and Kianz has just started, he's been there a few months. Even though we took in Kennedy his first year in B2, maybe more out of necessity (he's now dropped to Austria).

As I stated a few weeks ago, after a few more months on this team, and even more so if the team stays up and doesn't relegate, if he's playing this level next season, he has to be considered, and all power to him.

27 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

To be fair both JRR and Bair have more goals this year than Froese. JRR definitely plays for a better team, and Bair might too. Froese also isn’t playing much these days it seems 

You can't compare a guy who has three fixtures left in the season and a striker to a midfielder on a newly promoted team that started the season 10 weeks ago. 

Anyways, any team in Bundesliga 2 could probably win the Norwegian league, and Bodo/Glimt, the current leader, or Rosenborg, midtable, would have problems surviving in any top level 2nd division.

As for Motherwell, I guess I disagree. Motherwell does not beat Fortuna Dusseldorf and sit close to promotion playoff in Bundesliga 2, ever. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You can't compare a guy who has three fixtures left in the season and a striker to a midfielder on a newly promoted team that started the season 10 weeks ago. 

He's been playing as a striker/attacker/winger.

Anyways, any team in Bundesliga 2 could probably win the Norwegian league, and Bodo/Glimt, the current leader, or Rosenborg, midtable, would have problems surviving in any top level 2nd division.

I don't think anyone disagrees. Nelson was 1 of the few playing in an inferior league. 

As for Motherwell, I guess I disagree. Motherwell does not beat Fortuna Dusseldorf and sit close to promotion playoff in Bundesliga 2, ever. 

This is all opinion, based on nothing of merit and your own coefficient.
Frankfurt beat Aberdeen 2-1 in a Conference League match this season.  2 years ago Rangers beat Dortmund in the knockout round. 

I've been on here stating the quality of the SPFL, but I'm not going to undermine the fact that it's 1st division football with a couple tops tens that are regulars performers in Europe. 

We can only make assumptions based on this: 

image.thumb.png.7ff18266a13a24cb14cfdb945d9c06bf.png

14 minutes ago, Shway said:

He's been playing as a striker/attacker/winger.

I don't think anyone disagrees. Nelson was 1 of the few playing in an inferior league. 

This is all opinion, based on nothing of merit and your own coefficient.
Frankfurt beat Aberdeen 2-1 in a Conference League match this season.  2 years ago Rangers beat Dortmund in the knockout round. 

I've been on here stating the quality of the SPFL, but I'm not going to undermine the fact that it's 1st division football with a couple tops tens that are regulars performers in Europe. 

We can only make assumptions based on this: 

image.thumb.png.7ff18266a13a24cb14cfdb945d9c06bf.png

Good post. 

As I have stated repeatedly, Wiesbaden is one of the weakest teams on paper and in terms of budget in B2. So it is hard to evaluate their level as a team and Kianz's contribution until they have consolidated, or not, at this tier.

Once they prove they can be there, and Kianz is playing a role, then he has to be on the NT radar.

But it is similar to what many had hoped with Kennedy at Jahn Regensberg. Many felt that if he could get a couple solid seasons then he might be able to transfer up to a better team or get a sniff at B1. But injuries, and the team struggling, both contributed to that not happening. True, he was younger when he came in. Kianz is getting close to his last chance, if his next contract is in B2 he'll have had a solid career.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Played the second half of a friendly they won 2-1, all first half scoring, vs. Sandhausen, as they are training in the winter break.

Now they go to train and play a friendly vs. a Belgian team in Oliva, on the same pitches Floro debuted on with Canada vs. Mauritania, south of Valencia. Germany 2nd division starts up again in 2 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 2:02 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Came on m. 66 in a 1-0 away loss to Schalke 04, got a yellow in the dying minutes. 

Incredibly, Schalke is still behind them in the table, as is Kaiserslautern, and Hansa Rostock, German B2 has big clubs struggling.

You're right...B2 has some big clubs this year. Actually this past weekend the 2 Bundesliga outdrew the Bundesliga attendance wise for the first time. Don't read too much into that though since it's more a case of a few of the smaller Bundesliga stadiums hosting on the same weekend and many of the bigger ones in B2 hosting. Interestingly this weekend's attendance is not the highest in B2 history but only 3rd highest. The top two were also achieved this season. The size and history of the B2 clubs this season makes for great viewing and would have a more compelling narrative than the Bundesliga if not for the fact that Bayer Leverkusen looks to end Bayern Munich's run of consecutive league titles. At least I hope they do and I'm saying this as a born and raised Münchner.

1 minute ago, longlugan said:

You're right...B2 has some big clubs this year. Actually this past weekend the 2 Bundesliga outdrew the Bundesliga attendance wise for the first time. Don't read too much into that though since it's more a case of a few of the smaller Bundesliga stadiums hosting on the same weekend and many of the bigger ones in B2 hosting. Interestingly this weekend's attendance is not the highest in B2 history but only 3rd highest. The top two were also achieved this season. The size and history of the B2 clubs this season makes for great viewing and would have a more compelling narrative than the Bundesliga if not for the fact that Bayer Leverkusen looks to end Bayern Munich's run of consecutive league titles. At least I hope they do and I'm saying this as a born and raised Münchner.

Are you an 1860 fan then? Or what German team do you support?

Thanks for that info about attendance in B2, really amazing. After so many years of the solid big teams never relegating, it does seem now some amazing teams are in B2 and even B3, like Dynamo Dresden.

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Are you an 1860 fan then? Or what German team do you support?

Thanks for that info about attendance in B2, really amazing. After so many years of the solid big teams never relegating, it does seem now some amazing teams are in B2 and even B3, like Dynamo Dresden.

At the risk of the highest kind of footie blasphemy I also support 1860 Munich. I grew up with a view of the Olympiastadion in the north of Munich and have always supported Bayern but I truly believe that them winning all these league titles in a row is not good for the Bundesliga or the German national team even.

I dream of the day 1860 makes it back to the Bundesliga again so we can have Munich derbies once more. Unfortunately they have been mismanaged for so long I don't see that happening in the near future. It really is so sad to see a cult club on the level of St.Pauli and Union Berlin struggle for so long. On a side note a couple of other cult clubs are having solid seasons with potential for promotion from their respective divisions...namely RotWeiss Essen and Alemannia Aachen. 

37 minutes ago, longlugan said:

At the risk of the highest kind of footie blasphemy I also support 1860 Munich. I grew up with a view of the Olympiastadion in the north of Munich and have always supported Bayern but I truly believe that them winning all these league titles in a row is not good for the Bundesliga or the German national team even.

I dream of the day 1860 makes it back to the Bundesliga again so we can have Munich derbies once more. Unfortunately they have been mismanaged for so long I don't see that happening in the near future. It really is so sad to see a cult club on the level of St.Pauli and Union Berlin struggle for so long. On a side note a couple of other cult clubs are having solid seasons with potential for promotion from their respective divisions...namely RotWeiss Essen and Alemannia Aachen. 

I am a Barça fan but also quite like Espanyol, which is a blasphemy for a lot of Barça supporters. I think supporting the clubs of where you are from is a form of loyalty, apart from it being where the kids are coming up, like if you are interested in seeing Bavarian footballers doing well. 

20 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am a Barça fan but also quite like Espanyol, which is a blasphemy for a lot of Barça supporters. I think supporting the clubs of where you are from is a form of loyalty, apart from it being where the kids are coming up, like if you are interested in seeing Bavarian footballers doing well. 

Agreed 

• 2 weeks later...

Did not dress for today's 1-1 home tie vs. Hannover.

Though I see there was an article on him in the Hannover press yesterday, in the leadup, but I can't access enough to catch the jist, even with bits translated. Anyone?

https://www.neuepresse.de/sport/regional/hannover-96-kianz-froese-kehrt-mit-wiesbaden-in-die-arena-zurueck-JE4IVGHOGFAYXCW62WKI5N6YKA.html

• 2 months later...