The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

26 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

I suspect if he does not sign with Cardiff it will be because he has a better offer from a team at a similar level such as another EPL club or a Bundesliga club. I am sure his play this season caught the attention of other clubs possibly with bigger budgets and better chances to stay at top level than Cardiff.

Yeah but which EPL clubs are gonna want him though? Or which Bundesliga clubs could he go to?

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Who knows? Griz was just speculating based on the available information.

Yeah but even so in the EPL there are a lot of clubs such as Stoke City who apparently have shown interest in him. Derby County is another and so is Bayern Leverkusen.

3 minutes ago, kacbru said:

Neither is Bayern Leverkusen.

But they are in the Bundesliga right? If they are then they actually have shown interest

I think this is not a big deal as people are making it seem. He is has the right to negotiate a contract he feels fair and considering he was awarded their top player this season he probably wants to be paid the highest or close to it. When it is all said and done he will likely agree on a deal with Cardiff and not lose the glorious opportunity to start on a premier league club. 

5 hours ago, canadasoccer20 said:

I think this is not a big deal as people are making it seem. He is has the right to negotiate a contract he feels fair and considering he was awarded their top player this season he probably wants to be paid the highest or close to it. When it is all said and done he will likely agree on a deal with Cardiff and not lose the glorious opportunity to start on a premier league club. 

Or he might be confident enough to think he can be a key player for a better EPL or equivalent league club, one that will not be a favourite candidate for relegation.

On 6/17/2018 at 2:51 PM, Tg11 said:

I mean if he has a chance to play in the Premier League for Cardiff then hey more power to him. I mean if he wants more money then he obviously feels that he is worth a lot more even though it is debatable. However, if he does leave Cardiff then what better league for him to go to than to go home to the MLS?

Any first division in top 9 leagues of Europe and a couple second division stop being so mls centric it’s not a great league for developing your career when you’re 27/28.

10 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Any first division in top 9 leagues of Europe and a couple second division stop being so mls centric it’s not a great league for developing your career when you’re 27/28.

MLS centric. That's a new one.

Revenge of the Eurosnob. ?

Edited by Obinna

To seriously address that, I would assume he means that if he's going to drop out of the EPL to a lower level, MLS is arguably the best place BECAUSE out of the remaining choices, it is the one closest to home. Hell, it could be AT home if TFC ever took a chance on him, which I would love to see, eventually.

That being said, for all of MLS shortcomings (and there are many), I think it is strong enough now for a player like Junior to move to. That wouldn't be outlandish by any stretch. 

23 minutes ago, Obinna said:

To seriously address that, I would assume he means that if he's going to drop out of the EPL to a lower level, MLS is arguably the best place BECAUSE out of the remaining choices, it is the one closest to home. Hell, it could be AT home if TFC ever took a chance on him, which I would love to see, eventually.

That being said, for all of MLS shortcomings (and there are many), I think it is strong enough now for a player like Junior to move to. That wouldn't be outlandish by any stretch. 

Finally someone who agrees

Jnr will go to the club that offers him the most lucrative contract and I would not blame him for doing so. His career could end anytime with a serious injury. He proved  he can perform at a high level at Blackburn (albeit a few years ago) and has just had a top notch season with Cardiff. I don't think he is fixated on staying in the EPL...been there done that. From a CMNT perspective there is reason to be concerned though as his form dipped after signing that fat contract with QPR

Cardiff needs the cash to pay for top level talent - so the contract on offer probably isn't amazing, or close to the best he can get.

Cardiff is likely to be relegated - so that means a pay cut, as year as 2019.

Barring a stable season, Warnock will be fired - Hoillett could find himself out of favour, as early as mid 2018.

There is no reason to stay at Cardiff unless they are offering top dollar.  I wouldn't be surprised to find him staying in Tier Two.

Edited by Marc

47 minutes ago, Marc said:

Cardiff needs the cash to pay for top level talent - so the contract on offer probably isn't amazing, or close to the best he can get.

Cardiff is likely to be relegated - so that means a pay cut, as year as 2019.

Barring a stable season, Warnock will be fired - Hoillett could find himself out of favour, as early as mid 2018.

There is no reason to stay at Cardiff unless they are offering top dollar.  I wouldn't be surprised to find him staying in Tier Two.

If you followed him on IG, you would see how stoked he is to return to the premier league. I doubt very much he stays in the Championship for more money.

5 hours ago, Kadenge said:

From a CMNT perspective there is reason to be concerned though as his form dipped after signing that fat contract with QPR

That was a different Junior Hoilett.  From everything we've seen in recent years with CMNT and this season with Cardiff I don't think we need to question his level of motivation going forward.  He has matured greatly from the early QPR days.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

If you followed him on IG, you would see how stoked he is to return to the premier league. I doubt very much he stays in the Championship for more money.

Exactly but which Premier League teams could use him right now

29 minutes ago, Alex1775 said:

ManU, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool to name a few. However,  I could definitely see City acquireing him  to replace either Sterling or Sane on the wings 

Out of those teams I don't even think Hoilett would get playing time with Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool especially because he would be coming off the bench most likely rather than starting. If anything on Spurs he might have a chance to be a starter but very slim. I mean other Premier League clubs he could play for I mean there's Fulham, Everton

36 minutes ago, Alex1775 said:

ManU, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool to name a few. However,  I could definitely see City acquireing him  to replace either Sterling or Sane on the wings 

Hoilett is replacing Ronaldo at Real Madrid, why waste your time with these trash nonesense EPL rumors. What is this, amateur hour?

Edited by Obinna