The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Hoilett is great for Canada, our best attacker since Josh Simpson without a doubt.  That's why we need him involved as a key player, he was dominant against Jamaica in September.. that was also his last game.  So by the time we play in September it will have been a year since his last game for us, that can't really happen.    

10 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Hmmm.... 11 goals, 12 assists in 3, 702 minutes this year for Cardiff... Vs 1 goal, 4 assists in 1,381 minutes all time for Canada. Whats your measurement of better? 

I was comparing his club vs. international form since he committed to Canada. You seem to be comparing stats for two different time periods (he has been playing for Canada a lot longer than Cardiff). Also, stats never tell the whole story when it comes to football.

Edited by dsqpr

23 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Hmmm.... 11 goals, 12 assists in 3, 702 minutes this year for Cardiff... Vs 1 goal, 4 assists in 1,381 minutes all time for Canada. Whats your measurement of better? 

Cardiff is a team who's been in the top 2 of the Championship all year, so they have a lot of positives results.

On the other side, you have Canada, a team that is rarely favourite and isn't getting that many positives results. I think Hoilett stats aren't a good indication of his performances in that situation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 6:24 AM, aloyol said:

Cardiff is a team who's been in the top 2 of the Championship all year, so they have a lot of positives results.

On the other side, you have Canada, a team that is rarely favourite and isn't getting that many positives results. I think Hoilett stats aren't a good indication of his performances in that situation.

That's how I used to defend DeRo too.  

25 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

here's hoping we see him in October?....Premier league focus will be his focus

He will be in the Premier League so long as Warnock is. Definitely one of Warnock's blue eyed boys, and with good reason. Unfortunately Warnock has very little experience at the top level and when there in the past has always been replaced at the first hint of trouble. I suspect that pattern is likely to repeat with Cardiff and then it will be up to Junior to continue his fine form under a new manager.

As for showing up for Canada, I'm sure we will see him if he is called. However, there might be some question as to whether we need him for some of these CNL qualifiers.

Edited by dsqpr

1 hour ago, madmonte said:

That's how I used to defend DeRo too.  

I always thought DeRo was very average for Canada but Hoilett has been much better than that and I would say that his performances for Canada surely do not need to be defended!! Anyone who has seen them can see how good he has been!

34 minutes ago, canadasoccer20 said:

Nice to see Junior have such a successful season! Also nice to have atleast one Canadian in the EPL next year with Arfield leaving for Rangers. Very good news.

If we can get our ranking 60-50 + we will see a few more Canadians in the EPL.

7 hours ago, SpecialK said:

If we can get our ranking 60-50 + we will see a few more Canadians in the EPL.

If we see a few more Canadians in the EPL we can get our ranking to 60-50!

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Congrats to JH!  That is great news.  And with how he has played for them, he will absolutely be given time in the EPL next year. 

I hope they give Warnock a decent chance. Once the EPL riches are bestowed, clubs are quick to pull the trigger on the Manager at the first hint of trouble.

1 hour ago, dsqpr said:

I hope they give Warnock a decent chance. Once the EPL riches are bestowed, clubs are quick to pull the trigger on the Manager at the first hint of trouble.

Maybe.  But Warnock is a guy with EPL experience and who had them humming in the Championship.  To me, that warrants a bit of patience.  Not to say they will stick with him if the are deep in the relegation zone next December, but I don't see them turfing him at the first sign of trouble.  

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Maybe.  But Warnock is a guy with EPL experience and who had them humming in the Championship.  To me, that warrants a bit of patience.  Not to say they will stick with him if the are deep in the relegation zone next December, but I don't see them turfing him at the first sign of trouble.  

If they don't they'll buck the trend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...