The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

14 minutes ago, sinhaya said:

Here is a story related to Junior's pre-season training in Spain.  He is rocking a Team Canada training shirt:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6669417/cardiff-city-junior-hoilett-steps-up-pre-season-preparations-and-insists-the-bluebirds-can-make-impact-in-premier-league/

Good to see him rocking it while training with that other guy who's international career is over

19 hours ago, sinhaya said:

Here is a story related to Junior's pre-season training in Spain.  He is rocking a Team Canada training shirt:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6669417/cardiff-city-junior-hoilett-steps-up-pre-season-preparations-and-insists-the-bluebirds-can-make-impact-in-premier-league/

This is good news for the CMNT. I was a little concerned that Jnr might take his foot off the pedal after signing that new deal with Cardiff, but it appears he is hungry to perform well in the EPL and return back to his form with Blackburn

Guest Tg11
Just now, Kadenge said:

This is good news for the CMNT. I was a little concerned that Jnr might take his foot off the pedal after signing that new deal with Cardiff, but it appears he is hungry to perform well in the EPL and return back to his form with Blackburn

He is hungry and motivated because he eventually wants to transfer to a bigger club

Guest Tg11

Okay but even so even if he finds his form naturally he would want a bigger payday once that 3 year deal is up and the only way that would happen is if he were to leave Cardiff in the next 3 years

6 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Okay but even so even if he finds his form naturally he would want a bigger payday once that 3 year deal is up and the only way that would happen is if he were to leave Cardiff in the next 3 years

Okay but the million dollar question is whether he is going leave Cardiff and join Table at Barcalona? What do you think?

Guest Tg11
1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Okay but the million dollar question is whether he is going leave Cardiff and join Table at Barcalona? What do you think?

No he wouldn't but I am talking about a bigger club in England because they may show interest or even a mid level team. Anything is possible that's my point.

I can understand the transfer speculation around a guy like Davies, but the speculation about transfers for Junior, Larin, and Cav - all who recently firmed up their club situation - is just plain stupid.  Their primary objective is to make a living playing footy, not to list as many teams on their resume as humanly possible.  

We should be happy that the guys are settled in really good situations (and I know that the vast majority of us are).  Junior at Cardiff, Cav in Mexico, and Larin at Besiktas are all really, really good for them personally and for us as fans of the Nats.  Let's enjoy it rather than immediately jump to where they might go next.  This is real life, not a PS4 game.

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

It might be a bit premature but LiveScore has Hoilett starting tomorrow! http://www.livescore.com/soccer/england/premier-league/afc-bournemouth-vs-cardiff-city/1-2781951/

Who has this game? TSN or Sportsnet? Excited for this one! I can finally enjoy Junior in the Premier League without mixed feelings.

TSN3. TSN has the first 4 Cardiff matches, btw.

https://www.tsn.ca/english-premier-league-broadcast-schedule-1.542332

Edited by Blackdude

5 hours ago, canta15 said:

Many people are saying Cardiff are going to get relegated this season. Hopefully this isn’t the case

I don't put a lot of faith in predictions before a ball is kicked.  Anyone can predict that the 3 promoted teams will get relegated again, and they would probably tend to be about 67% right.  That doesn't mean shit.  A few years ago, Leicester were predicted to go back down immediately too...

18 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don't put a lot of faith in predictions before a ball is kicked.  Anyone can predict that the 3 promoted teams will get relegated again, and they would probably tend to be about 67% right.  That doesn't mean shit.  A few years ago, Leicester were predicted to go back down immediately too...

its weird this season though considering most sources I have been lookin at state that fulham and Wolves will to relatively well compared to Cardiff due to their lack of spending. Hope you’re right though

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Fair enough.  And I just watched the Cardiff Bournemouth game.  Based on that 90 minutes, the pundits you referenced may be right. 

Yeah, real early days yet but I wouldn't bet on them, least to do anything positive.  Ug.  Rough day at the park today.