The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

44 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Out of those teams I don't even think Hoilett would get playing time with Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool especially because he would be coming off the bench most likely rather than starting. If anything on Spurs he might have a chance to be a starter but very slim. I mean other Premier League clubs he could play for I mean there's Fulham, Everton

How dare you say he could start on the Spurs. Now I know 100 percent that you have absolutely no idea of which you speak. I do like where this is going though...

10 hours ago, Obinna said:

To seriously address that, I would assume he means that if he's going to drop out of the EPL to a lower level, MLS is arguably the best place BECAUSE out of the remaining choices, it is the one closest to home. Hell, it could be AT home if TFC ever took a chance on him, which I would love to see, eventually.

That being said, for all of MLS shortcomings (and there are many), I think it is strong enough now for a player like Junior to move to. That wouldn't be outlandish by any stretch. 

I'd rather he joins Arfield at Rangers or Larin at Besiktas ahead of MLS

34 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I'd rather he joins Arfield at Rangers or Larin at Besiktas ahead of MLS

Then playing in Turkey might actually help him but lately a lot of players these days are headed to the Chinese league or are heading to Middle East too apparently to play soccer so it wouldn't surprise me if Junior were to end up doing that

21 hours ago, Obinna said:

If you followed him on IG, you would see how stoked he is to return to the premier league. I doubt very much he stays in the Championship for more money.

I'm not sure what IG is, but sure, It's possible.  It's probably his only hope of playing EPL for the remainder of his career.  But in 2012 he also publicly expressed his desire to re-sign with Blackburn Rovers, only to sign a contract with QPR two weeks later after his most recent proclamation.

I love Junior playing for Canada, but he may be taking some bad advice again.  

Cardiff are the odds on team to go back down and if he wants to play in the Premiership, that will be his best chance, I think.  

The manager likes him and did a lot for him. Also if you look at the other players at the top end of Championship performance that are moving to teams slightly up the table (Fredericks, Maddison,) they are a fair bit to a lot younger and English.  

Not sure whether he is a big enough name for a huge Middle East/China payday. 

All that said, would love him as a squad player at West Ham, maybe replace Antonio. 

5 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I love Junior playing for Canada, but he may be taking some bad advice again.  

Cardiff are the odds on team to go back down and if he wants to play in the Premiership, that will be his best chance, I think.  

The manager likes him and did a lot for him. Also if you look at the other players at the top end of Championship performance that are moving to teams slightly up the table (Fredericks, Maddison,) they are a fair bit to a lot younger and English.  

Not sure whether he is a big enough name for a huge Middle East/China payday. 

All that said, would love him as a squad player at West Ham, maybe replace Antonio. 

West Ham he would fit there but how about Fulham? They are in need of players

16 hours ago, Tg11 said:

Out of those teams I don't even think Hoilett would get playing time with Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool especially because he would be coming off the bench most likely rather than starting. If anything on Spurs he might have a chance to be a starter but very slim. I mean other Premier League clubs he could play for I mean there's Fulham, Everton

He could go to a mid table team like Southampton or Leicester no need to just look at the top.

9 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

He could go to a mid table team like Southampton or Leicester no need to just look at the top.

Out of those teams then I would definitely suggest Leicester City

He would most likely come off the bench then if he went to Leicester but if he were to go to Southampton then he would most likely start. Thinking about it it actually makes more sense to go to Southampton instead.

2 hours ago, Marc said:

I'm not sure what IG is, but sure, It's possible.  It's probably his only hope of playing EPL for the remainder of his career.  But in 2012 he also publicly expressed his desire to re-sign with Blackburn Rovers, only to sign a contract with QPR two weeks later after his most recent proclamation.

IG is instagram. I think he too knows this is his best, perhaps only chance of returning to the EPL. 2012 was a long time ago and he had the better part of his career in front of him. Not the case now.

I am sure we will see him in the EPL with Cardiff next season.

50 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Would he start at Leicester? Demarai Grey, Albrighton, Diabate all played where he would, didn't they?

As someone who watches them every week diabetes is ok with his feet but isn’t anything special. Albrighton is a great passer but not as good with his feet. Gray Has the potential to be great but is pretty selfish with the bell. I think he could got on with mahrez most likely leaving.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

IG is instagram. I think he too knows this is his best, perhaps only chance of returning to the EPL. 2012 was a long time ago and he had the better part of his career in front of him. Not the case now.

I am sure we will see him in the EPL with Cardiff next season.

Yeah I think so too

51 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I think he could got on with mahrez most likely leaving.

I know you were looking at Roberts coming the other way as part of that deal, is that dead?  Also were linked with Felipe Anderson at £30+ mill.  Obviously I hope that one is dead.  Taking off the Red and White specs for a second, would Leicester supporters see Hoilett as a starting replacement?

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I know you were looking at Roberts coming the other way as part of that deal, is that dead?  Also were linked with Felipe Anderson at £30+ mill.  Obviously I hope that one is dead.  Taking off the Red and White specs for a second, would Leicester supporters see Hoilett as a starting replacement?

They most likely be ok with him starting but he’s a clear step down from mahrez. I also think many Leicester fans think we haven’t given gray or diabete a fair chance and want to give them a chance to develop. But to be fair to hoillet he most likely be rated higher than either are right now but tbh I don’t think it will happen or the fans would really want it. Also we just signed James Maddison who while is a attacking mid could play outside as he definitely has the skill and good enough speed.

1 hour ago, Boominbooty said:

Let's hope Davies joins him soon!

I hope so too but it all depends on which teams in EPL are in need of a player like Davies