Kimani Stewart-Baynes

Xavier.

5 minutes ago, Xavier. said:

Kimani Stewart-Baynes

- January 17th, 2005

- Winger

- Generation Adidas Class of 2024, Big 10 Freshman of the Year (Maryland)

- Projected top 10 pick in upcoming MLS Superdraft

He was also on a Dev Contract with the Wanderers earlier this year. I don't think he made an appearance though.

1 hour ago, Soccerpro2 said:

It's sad that my first reaction is that I'm glad he isn't going to Toronto where no doubt his development would stall.

Although I'm not sure Colorado is ideal, either. We'll see.

Apparently, he preferred to avoid a TFC selection, believing that they don’t offer the best path to his development. He has turned down some early interest in Europe to ink his Generation Adidas contract.

He also joined HFX to be with Ghelsar, his coach at Vaughan. Gheisar described the move as something to prepare him for the next steps of his career. Prior, Stewart-Baynes had scored 17 goals in 14 appearances for the Vaughan Azzurri U-19 side.

https://northerntribune.ca/2024-mls-superdraft-kimani-stewart-baynes/

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

...in the Rapids lineup....

So he misses the first match of the season and will play with the U20s on the Tuesday with plenty of travel before the 2nd MLS game of the season:

On 10/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Friday, February 23rd: Canada vs Dominica

Sunday, February 25th: Canada vs St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Tuesday, February 27th: Trinidad and Tobago vs Canada

It will be interesting how many minutes he gets in March.

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

So he misses the first match of the season and will play with the U20s on the Tuesday with plenty of travel before the 2nd MLS game of the season:

It will be interesting how many minutes he gets in March.

Funny that considering the names who weren’t called up to the team under the guise of “need more fitness/preparing for the club season”, I’d actually prefer that KSB stays with coloradi and tries to break into the lineup. A lot of team changes means he’s got a good chance to make a great first impression, so being with them from game 1 would be better for his development and better for our national team in the long run. Not that I’m not excited to see what he can do against his own age cohort.

7 hours ago, YorkRegionFan said:

Hopefully he can lead the U20s into the next stage of the Concacaaf U20 tournament.  The lack of prep for the tournament is worrisome.  Hoping that talent triumphs and the U20s can advance.

Looking at the Trinidad roster, we are considerably better.  The question is whether we have enough time to gel as a team to overcome a Trini side playing at home in the last match.

• 1 month later...

Getting his debut today, coming on in the 82nd minute.

https://x.com/coloradorapids/status/1771738879973867910?s=46&t=tKRu86Vea8ViJ1G0Nj6cIA

Showed some explosive speed and had great play by beating his man beautifully down the outside.  I would say generally positive short cameo for his debut.

Edited by Corazon

I can't remember who said he was short in the one of the u20 match threads, and I said "well he's 5'9, so he's not thaaat short".....

....but I don't know, every time I see him I think there's no way he's 5'9. He's at most 5'7.

30 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

So ridiculous that Colorado 2 is in the US Open Cup lol. MLS thinks they’re bigger than their own country’s competition even though they get absolutely trashed in any international competition. 

It's not even that. They just want to control every competition they play in.

Even the Leagues Cup is a direct threat to the Concacaf Champions Cup, and (IMO) the only reason MLS teams are still in the CCC is because Concacaf/FIFA won't allow them to withdraw.

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

So ridiculous that Colorado 2 is in the US Open Cup lol. MLS thinks they’re bigger than their own country’s competition even though they get absolutely trashed in any international competition. 

The results have actually been pretty embarrassing for them too.

You want people to believe your glorified reserve league is better competitition than USLC and you can't even beat teams from NISA or USL1.

It's part of the reason that I don't consider playing in Next Pro as professional experience 

Edited by narduch