CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

3 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

Neoliberalism and Argentina don't come together.  Argentina will always be a left wing party country,  long live J D 

This should please UT in theory, but somehow I have the feeling he'll find something else negative to say about your country and people, as he does the English.

But as much as I have been giving him a hard time lately, this isn't the time to let his prejudices get under my skin, so with that said, wishing @Unnamed Trialist and the rest of the Vs a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

This should please UT in theory, but somehow I have the feeling he'll find something else negative to say about your country and people, as he does the English.

But as much as I have been giving him a hard time lately, this isn't the time to let his prejudices get under my skin, so with that said, wishing @Unnamed Trialist and the rest of the Vs a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

You don't make false statements about someone then say Merry Christmas, @Obinna it's a slap in the face at the meaning of the holiday. 

My mother survived the Blitz in London, woke up to see buildings with school friends flattened across the street. She and the other kids collected bomb shrapnel in little wooden boxes. No family on this board wanted to see blue birds over the white cliffs of Dover than mine (fortunately some people here who love England, Britain, like we do, will understand the reference).

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You don't make false statements about someone then say Merry Christmas, @Obinna it's a slap in the face at the meaning of the holiday. 

My mother survived the Blitz in London, woke up to see buildings with school friends flattened across the street. She and the other kids collected bomb shrapnel in little wooden boxes. No family on this board wanted to see blue birds over the white cliffs of Dover than mine (fortunately some people here who love England, Britain, like we do, will understand the reference).

Merry Xmas my friend .  Saludos Hermano.  Y buena Navidad a la familia 🥳

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I do not have a good feeling about the T&T match.  We are not playing any friendlies and we do not even have a January camp. If qualifying for Copa America is so important, you need to put resources into trying to qualify.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I think the entire squad has conjured to win in Dallas and go to Copa America. We've made a blood vow, we are going come hell or high water. It's a great test, but I think we'll rise to the occasion, because we can't miss Copa.

23 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think the entire squad has conjured to win in Dallas and go to Copa America. We've made a blood vow, we are going come hell or high water. It's a great test, but I think we'll rise to the occasion, because we can't miss Copa.

Correction: we can't miss Copa again.

29 minutes ago, narduch said:

That's what we are going to call him when he cuts off the mullett

Nooo. Not the mullet! I love that mullet and I think it's something that connects Canada and Argentina. Mullets were one of my favourite things about Argentina (apart from the food, beautiful women, soccer, and landscape). Every male (baby to grandpa) seemed to have a variation of mullet. It felt like a hockey town obsessed by a different sport 

On 12/29/2023 at 6:20 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

While the headline says 2024 predictions and he makes a few for 2024, he doesn't outright call for Canada to lose in March to TNT.  The paragraph on the CanMNT is more a recap of what happened in 2023 with regards to Copa America.  No real predictions here.  They didn't qualify in 2023 as we all know, and he paints the team / org in a bad state going into 2024. 

On 11/22/2023 at 10:58 AM, Canuckia said:

Not to change the subject, but Frisco looks like a cool road trip. The stadium is in a Sports Village. The walk to the stadium from the hotel I'm looking at would take me past 18 football/soccer fields and I'd be a 20 minute walk from Soccer City USA, which is great because I'm do for some new summer cleats!😁

Frisco is a really fast growing suburb the cool thing about it aside from the US Soccer HOF being there is the Dallas Cowboys World HQ is there...some good dining in the area as well if you are flying in from the GTA it might be cheaper to fly through Buffalo