CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

8 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

It's hard to get excited about this amazing good fortune after our most recent good fortune went to shit so quickly. I think there was a story in the US about a couple that burned through two multi-million dollar lottery wins. That could be us!

Yeah, but a March weekend in Dallas though, Who's coming? (Too soon?)

50 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

There is so much that can change between now and March. There is only a very small group of players that are absolute locks for March. They are Davies, David, Eustaquio, and Larin. Every other player there is a conceivable way that they could not be called.

It is going to be hard to integrate new players into the squad without playing friendlies before the must-win T&T game. Most likely we will be stuck with seeing the same team as last night.

Not to change the subject, but Frisco looks like a cool road trip. The stadium is in a Sports Village. The walk to the stadium from the hotel I'm looking at would take me past 18 football/soccer fields and I'd be a 20 minute walk from Soccer City USA, which is great because I'm do for some new summer cleats!😁

21 minutes ago, Canuckia said:

Not to change the subject, but Frisco looks like a cool road trip. The stadium is in a Sports Village. The walk to the stadium from the hotel I'm looking at would take me past 18 football/soccer fields and I'd be a 20 minute walk from Soccer City USA, which is great because I'm do for some new summer cleats!😁

Was looking at flight this morning to see if I could combine with some sort of Caribbean getaway.   Unfortunately super cheap flights are not available so that seems unlikely to materialize.  

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Was looking at flight this morning to see if I could combine with some sort of Caribbean getaway.   Unfortunately super cheap flights are not available so that seems unlikely to materialize.  

Ya, Dallas is not a tourist hotspot like Florida or Vegas.

It's hard to find cheap flights.

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Oh, too bad. I'm looking at Friday and Saturday night with round trip from Toronto for about $1000 through Expedia.

1 hour ago, YorkRegionFan said:

It is going to be hard to integrate new players into the squad without playing friendlies before the must-win T&T game. Most likely we will be stuck with seeing the same team as last night.

I totally agree with this. I'm pretty confident going in to this game but it's going to be tough to experiment and bring in some young guys knowing you're in a 1 game must win situation 

13 minutes ago, narduch said:

The game is a double header so I assume Canada gets the earlier time slot.

Is it worth setting up a friendly for the Wednesday before this game?

One of Panama or Costa Rica would make a lot of sense 

Panama has to play on the 21st, we play on the 24th. Maybe Costa Rica makes more sense, or even Honduras. Those teams will presumably be looking for a second game as well. The teams in NL finals already have two matches. 

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

No the 20th.

We play T&T on the 23rd

I think that lines up nicely then to play Honduras or Costa Rica, but it should be a super rotated squad with maybe the main guys coming on towards the end to get their feet under them. We want guys to be fresh, but we also want to get guys going. We should strike a balance.

....assuming we actually play another match, which I have no faith in, so this chat is likely moot.