Moise Bombito

phresh

9 hours ago, costarg said:

With all these different paths and guys going the NCAA route popping up and emerging, I wonder if and when EU scouts start catching on there is a lot of talent slipping through the cracks and developing really late here. 

What would've or could've been if guys like Tajon, Kone and Bombito started their proper development earlier in a real academy?  Not talking MLS academy here, there is a major league gap between what we have here and what they're running in EU.

I think Tajon and Kone need to really establish themselves now (in Serie A, and Serie A ? ) at that point it will be 4 top players (a 5th with Larin) that will have come through the system and that should prove that we didn’t have 2 flukes. The gates should open then, as scouts will realize hey there’s talent to be found. It will take more time though.

37 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I think Tajon and Kone need to really establish themselves now (in Serie A, and Serie A ? ) at that point it will be 4 top players (a 5th with Larin) that will have come through the system and that should prove that we didn’t have 2 flukes. The gates should open then, as scouts will realize hey there’s talent to be found. It will take more time though.

Kone is not Serie A, he's with Watford in the Championship

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Think that's what the ? recognizes.

Yeah I was a little vague, but I figure that he could make the move to Udinese is it ? Shortly, where if he was to establish himself it should add to the notion that weren’t lucky and we are doing things right.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Yeah I was a little vague, but I figure that he could make the move to Udinese is it ? Shortly, where if he was to establish himself it should add to the notion that weren’t lucky and we are doing things right.

I feel like I am dumping on him a lot lately which is tough because he has so much talent.  But I would think Italian teams would wants lots more discipline in a two-way game from a midfielder. 

That said, imagine getting a Conte-type to drill into him tactics and defensive responsibilty.  (Looking at Udinese they are -unsurprisingly - a little bit Watford-lite in terms of coaching changes.) 

10 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I feel like I am dumping on him a lot lately which is tough because he has so much talent.  But I would think Italian teams would wants lots more discipline in a two-way game from a midfielder. 

That said, imagine getting a Conte-type to drill into him tactics and defensive responsibilty.  (Looking at Udinese they are -unsurprisingly - a little bit Watford-lite in terms of coaching changes.) 

I think he will need a consistent coach, but I don’t see why Kone won’t be able to start in a level up.

1 hour ago, Bigandy said:

no one has posted about needing vitoria in a long time

Well if we're being honest, several people were clamoring for him and saying we needed to play him vs T&T which was only 24 days ago.  So it isn't that far fetched.  I just hope we've all turned that page.

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

Vitoria is done. He barely even plays now for a Portuguese team that will get relegated.

Agreed.  Thankful for everything, but it was time. 

Didn't make the bench this past weekend and was not injured.  His side beat the 2nd worst team and pulled themselves out of last, but still being relegated.  

6 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I think this was already covered, but his speed in the last clip puts him faster than anyone in Champions League this year, and faster than anyone in Bundesliga history. 

https://the18.com/en/soccer-news/colorado-rapids-defender-moise-bombito-one-of-fastest-soccer-players-in-the-world/135496

16 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

I think this was already covered, but his speed in the last clip puts him faster than anyone in Champions League this year, and faster than anyone in Bundesliga history. 

https://the18.com/en/soccer-news/colorado-rapids-defender-moise-bombito-one-of-fastest-soccer-players-in-the-world/135496

I believe too it's actually faster (at 37.27 km/h) than Alphonso Davies has ever recorded in a game (37.1 km/h against Panama, and in 2022/23 UEFA Champions League).  I think we may have a new speed king of Canada!

12 hours ago, costarg said:

Gawd I swear, If I read one person write "but we nEEeeEEeeD Vitoria's experience".....  I guarantee I'll get myself suspended from this board!  

Dont "Neeed" him to start, but tbh I rather have his experience over Waterman off the bench. 

I don't want to see Waterman anywhere near the starting XI especially for the pending competition.

Bombito clearly needs to be integrated fast, and it will great to see him against a team like France where he can speak their language 🤪.

2 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

There is speed and speed.

It does not look like his 0-10 metres is really fast (I could be wrong, would have to watch him more), but his full acceleration after 15-20 seems very fast. There is also lateral speed, moving backwards, all essential for a CB. Davies as we know has a darting quickness from standstill.

Many of the greatest CBs in history were not fast, they just had great placement and anticipation, and knew how to annul a rival's speed by positioning.

I mean, take that Belgium goal against us, yes, we were outrun on a counter, I am not sure if Batsuyahi is fast or not. We could have prevented it by pressuring the passer, who sat on it for ten seconds unchallenged.. But even if you do catch up, are you going to be able to impede the shot, and do so without fouling as a last man?

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, I think it is really interesting, a great virtue to have, maybe most especially because it might merit him a transfer into an even higher level where he could test his strengths. 

13 hours ago, costarg said:

Well if we're being honest, several people were clamoring for him and saying we needed to play him vs T&T which was only 24 days ago.  So it isn't that far fetched.  I just hope we've all turned that page.

TBH, I dont think many posters were asking for vitoria. I was the closest one and that was mostly because I figured biello would be conservative in his selection. Time moves quick in football. 24 days is a long time(also anyone it would be more like 40plus days because vitoria wasnt in the selection).

Bombito has arguably become our best RCB since the initial roster selection. 

No need to rehash the anti borjan, vitoria,  etc bias over and over. They are legends for the program. Let them be legends without randomly bringing up how badly you dont want them anymore when they arent even being selected. 

Time moves quick in football. 24 days is a long time

This was exactly my point when people were saying Vitoria was still an option.  Anyone who thought he was an option was not watching his matches and ignoring reality.

it would be more like 40plus days because vitoria wasnt in the selection

Squad selection was a little over a month ago, March 12.

No need to rehash the anti borjan, vitoria,  etc bias over and over. They are legends for the program. Let them be legends without randomly bringing up how badly you dont want them anymore when they arent even being selected. 

The post got 6 laughs and is not poking fun at Vitoria, just the situation.

2 hours ago, costarg said:

This was exactly my point when people were saying Vitoria was still an option.  Anyone who thought he was an option was not watching his matches and ignoring reality.

Squad selection was a little over a month ago, March 12.

The post got 6 laughs and is not poking fun at Vitoria, just the situation.

I was poking a bit of fun at you because you say time moves fast on the topic of dropping vitoria, but it seems you can live in the past on criticism. 

I don't want to be a dick and debate/criticize you.  I understand your opinion and I too want bombito to play a bigger role. I just felt like it was shooting a dead horse and wanted to defend vitoria. Hopefully I wasnt being too much of a confrontational dickhead. It was a funny post.