Vancouver FC - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Why not? He started the vast majority of their games he was available for

Because he's shown no progress over a number of years and isn't close to the main roster. If your point is WFC2 might miss him, sure. Maybe. But organizationally they won't.

...which is probably why they are happy to loan him out to that pygmy thing over in Langley. The optics of taking a Next Pro player on loan kind of begs the question why this glorified crew couldn't just have been a Whitecaps affiliate in the first place and maybe that's the point of the exercise where the Whitecaps are concerned.

Think that's a safe assumption. Ghotbi probably wanted to be able to hire his own staff rather than have the likes of Gage and Neely around who are part of a Canadian soccer good old boys network and would not necessarily be loyal to him as somebody coming in from outside once the going got tough. Nothing unusual there. In Europe, it's normal for top managers to have a complete staff that follow them from club to club so they are surrounded by people they trust.

I really hope they change the name to Valley FC

Valley Eagles sounds amazing

People seem to slag off what they see on TV. But keep in mind they have stands down each side line when other teams either don't have 2 stands or leave one side empty. So people get pushed together. Trust me, if you're at the game it feels like a pretty solid little atmosphere. They would definitely like to do a bit better but lets get real. The team is in last place and had a couple embarrassing results. I think 3k is a very achievable sweet spot for now

Edited by SpursFlu

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I really hope they change the name to Valley FC

Valley Eagles sounds amazing

People seem to slag off what they see on TV. But keep in mind they have stands down each side line when other teams either don't have 2 stands or leave one side empty. So people get pushed together. Trust me, if you're at the game it feels like a pretty solid little atmosphere. They would definitely like to do a bit better but lets get real. The team is in last place and had a couple embarrassing results. I think 3k is a very achievable sweet spot for now

I think they should call themselves Fraser Valley whatever's.  Valley is too generic.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I think they should call themselves Fraser Valley whatever's.  Valley is too generic.

Yah but they already go that V thing going which really works. As someone who lives here I think its great.

Fraser Valley sounds a bit too technical 

Just get rid of the Vancouver. It feels so awkward every time I hear it

5 hours ago, masster said:

I love following this team, and love seeing some wider press and recognition, but can also think of a single emoji that would sum up the current situation, steam and all. 

Edited by nolando

In the article, Friend somewhat alludes to stuff that have talked about with posts about the competition for the summer recreation and entertainment dollar in this particular economy.

I will get down before season's end to watch a match in Langley to see for myself.