Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

38 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Honestly Toronto probably decided to bitch at the last minute and get something for a guy who they were not signing and who was not signing with them.

The roster rules were always there, TFC getting paid was always the likely outcome, it’s not a conspiracy 

On 6/12/2022 at 9:50 AM, Shway said:

If the rules are still the same, you have to maintain eligibility when a HGP prospect goes to college. Meaning they have to play with the club during their offseason (I even think it’s within 2 years period)

I feel like TFC must have forfeited his rights or they still have them, because with the pandemic, Canadian academies only returned in 2021 and he last played for TFC II in 2019 so it’s not really possible to say he was lost under those rules. 

Or MLS Analyst or whatever...

On 5/16/2022 at 12:31 PM, Shway said:

More than likely the league minimum of 50K in GAM. The Krew don't have much strikers so there is a path for him provided his form continues, and coaches rate the levels of the MLSNP.

46 minutes ago, Shway said:

Call me Neff

The only difference was that your prediction actually came true.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

The roster rules were always there, TFC getting paid was always the likely outcome, it’s not a conspiracy 

This. There's several other players in the league this has happened to. It's a required formality, nothing more. 

26 minutes ago, solsous said:

Of all the youngsters out there, he is the purest finisher in the under 23 pool.  I hope that the crew doesn't ruin him by putting him on the wing.  Caleb Porter is known for stunting growth.

Shit, if that's the case Bayern should be chasing him instead

I disagree with the substitution.  For years I have watched these coaches mishandle talented young players like, Russell-Rowe.  He may have been a little fatigued, but he has to stay in the game, because he is quality.  

Porter waited until he made a few poor passes to yank him.  That's poor coaching.  He ignored that Russell-Rowe put fear in the backline and would continue to do so.

1 hour ago, solsous said:

I disagree with the substitution.  For years I have watched these coaches mishandle talented young players like, Russell-Rowe.  He may have been a little fatigued, but he has to stay in the game, because he is quality.  

Porter waited until he made a few poor passes to yank him.  That's poor coaching.  He ignored that Russell-Rowe put fear in the backline and would continue to do so.

I disagree. I thought it was a fair sub. If he continues on in his career at this rate of production, sure.. let him ride it out and keep him on when he’s fatigued cause he’ll create some magic. But right now? He should build towards 90-minute fitness for a league with a higher requirement than the one he’s coming from. And I think sending the message to play at 110% ever minute you’re out there is the right move. 

on another note…

First time I’ve actually watched this kid play a game. From the Twitter highlights I was expecting someone who just rode the last shoulder of the CB and tried to run onto balls.  But his hold up play today was what made the difference.

Very sturdy 19 year old. Imagine once he adds more muscle… 

Edited by ag futbol