Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

2 hours ago, reggietfc said:

i think tfc may regret this one,why on earth would you keep a guy like achara who is a dime a doz player.

TFC cant force him to sign a contract.  Most kids jump at the chance but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and interest in an education/post soccer career.    From what I remember several years back werent they touting Rowe in the same breath of Rutty...this sticks with me because of the hyphenated names HAHAHA.  

17 hours ago, Bison44 said:

TFC cant force him to sign a contract.  Most kids jump at the chance but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and interest in an education/post soccer career.    From what I remember several years back werent they touting Rowe in the same breath of Rutty...this sticks with me because of the hyphenated names HAHAHA.  

All I remember was during/after the U17 World Cup (2019) there was lots of talk about Nelson and nobody seemed interested in the guy that got both of Canada's goals (Russell-Rowe).

7 hours ago, Kent said:

All I remember was during/after the U17 World Cup (2019) there was lots of talk about Nelson and nobody seemed interested in the guy that got both of Canada's goals (Russell-Rowe).

I seem to remember three names from years ago.  Jayden Nelson, Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty and Jacen Russell-Rowe.  It was quite known in Toronto community although much less hype for JRR but there was always hype surrounding all 3.

3 hours ago, Corazon said:

I seem to remember three names from years ago.  Jayden Nelson, Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty and Jacen Russell-Rowe.  It was quite known in Toronto community although much less hype for JRR but there was always hype surrounding all 3.

Agree I remember there being hype about him. After his performances with the u17s I was a bit surprised he was going the college route but it just shows he had the talent but also maturity and brains to make sure he received an education. 

He didn't really light up the NCAA, albeit in a pretty good conference. At 19 however, I'd have to assume that he receives a look at the full-time MLS level next season. Yet again, I long thought Shaan Hundal, Jordan Hamilton and Anthony Jackson-Hamel's production in the second tier would lead to better looks at the MLS level.

Is this guy on a Tajon type trajectory. Just comes out of nowhere. 

Or am I just dreaming?

Does anyone know here how Columbus is with their forwards and if this kid can move to the 1st team this year.

Edited by Vasi

10 hours ago, Vasi said:

Is this guy on a Tajon type trajectory. Just comes out of nowhere. 

Or am I just dreaming?

Does anyone know here how Columbus is with their forwards and if this kid can move to the 1st team this year.

The door is currently open for him. Miguel Berry is their main 9 after trading Zardes but he hasn’t established himself. They also have MLS journeyman Erik Hurtado who’s never been consistently goal dangerous. With the open DP spot, they’ve been linked to former Dynamo striker Mauro Manotas. 

I’d imagine Columbus would have to compensate TFC for his HG rights, which could be a monkey wrench. 

24 minutes ago, FC_Hali said:

The door is currently open for him. Miguel Berry is their main 9 after trading Zardes but he hasn’t established himself. They also have MLS journeyman Erik Hurtado who’s never been consistently goal dangerous. With the open DP spot, they’ve been linked to former Dynamo striker Mauro Manotas. 

I’d imagine Columbus would have to compensate TFC for his HG rights, which could be a monkey wrench. 

TFC do not have his rights anymore or else he could not have signed with the Crew 2.

On 6/11/2022 at 7:41 AM, Dominic94 said:

TFC do not have his rights anymore or else he could not have signed with the Crew 2.

I don't think Mls rights apply to MLS next pro. MLS teams have rights to players they draft in the Superdraft for 2 years. TFC drafted Talon Maples last year and he's currently playing for Houston 2 despite being in TFC's 2 year exclusive rights window. I've seen other players drafted by one team then immediately sign with another team's 2 team. 

2 minutes ago, rydermike said:

I don't think Mls rights apply to MLS next pro. MLS teams have rights to players they draft in the Superdraft for 2 years. TFC drafted Talon Maples last year and he's currently playing for Houston 2 despite being in TFC's 2 year exclusive rights window. I've seen other players drafted by one team then immediately sign with another team's 2 team. 

If the rules are still the same, you have to maintain eligibility when a HGP prospect goes to college. Meaning they have to play with the club during their offseason (I even think it’s within 2 years period)

I feel like TFC must have forfeited his rights or they still have them, because with the pandemic, Canadian academies only returned in 2021 and he last played for TFC II in 2019 so it’s not really possible to say he was lost under those rules.