Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

40 minutes ago, narduch said:

I don't think he could have signed that 4 day deal and sat on Columbus MLS bench if TFC still had his rights. 

Who knows. Maybe if he signs permanently Columbus will be forced to send some nominal amount of TAM or GAM to TFC.

MLS rules are so stupid

I just hope that these rules or TFC aren't what hold his career back. He seems ready for MLS and is still only 19, so still alot of room for improvement.

4 hours ago, Shway said:

If the rules are still the same, you have to maintain eligibility when a HGP prospect goes to college. Meaning they have to play with the club during their offseason (I even think it’s within 2 years period)

I feel like TFC must have forfeited his rights or they still have them, because with the pandemic, Canadian academies only returned in 2021 and he last played for TFC II in 2019 so it’s not really possible to say he was lost under those rules. 

True. MLS rules are so murky and seem like they are made up half the time. I remember when Jay Chapman signed a homegrown deal with TFC there was some issue there because I think he was 3 years out of the academy and should've gone into the draft, but he signed a homegrown deal anyways. This article https://mlsmultiplex.com/2015/01/16/jay-chapman-signs-toronto-fc-home-grown-player/ speculated that MLS okay'd the deal because Chapman said its Toronto or Europe.

I forgot Russell-Rowe did sign that 4day deal with Columbus earlier this year that narduch mentioned, so his TFC rights probably did expire. Or its just another case of MLS making rules on the fly.

Edited by rydermike

2 minutes ago, solsous said:

Russell-Rowe with the brace at halftime.  This kid is a pure finisher.  Is the senior team paying attention?

We won't cap a guy playing in a reserve league.

But if he starts to get more shots at the MLS and starts scoring he may be hard to ignore.

Its too bad there isn't a separate Olympic qualifying tournament as he would have bee eligible for that.

Edited by narduch

18 minutes ago, solsous said:

Russell-Rowe with the brace at halftime.  This kid is a pure finisher.  Is the senior team paying attention?

that's exactly how he played for Canada's U17s that went to the WC. Not flashy but he was as clinical as you could wish for. Glad to see he is doing the same at this level

6 hours ago, narduch said:

Its too bad there isn't a separate Olympic qualifying tournament as he would have bee eligible for that.

It’s sad that’s the only way we have camps for this age group. 

We should frequent u23 tournaments  regardless of it being a qualifying year.

But that’s an idea, as I’m asking to much.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

It’s sad that’s the only way we have camps for this age group. 

We should frequent u23 tournaments  regardless of it being a qualifying year.

But that’s an idea, as I’m asking to much.

If we do continue to get CPL stadiums popping up we should hold our own u23 tournament and use CPL stadiums. 

He’s probably the MLS player I’m most excited about for us. That’s awesome. I hope Farsi is not too far behind him, and I hope both keep killing it at the pro level.

Also excited we can finally start the “JRR to Europe when??” convo. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

I’m feeling he’s the next breakout star (Tajon)who has a really good year or 2 in the mls and gets a big move abroad. I know we’re lucky to have David, larin and Ugbo but after that it might be our  worst depth position so it’d be great to have him.

8 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Honestly Toronto probably decided to bitch at the last minute and get something for a guy who they were not signing and who was not signing with them.

TFC will receive additional allocation money if certain metrics are met, and also retain a sell-on percentage

from m singh

17 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

TFC will receive additional allocation money if certain metrics are met, and also retain a sell-on percentage

from m singh

He also said that TFC decided JRR was not in their plans, so basically they didn’t care until he started killing it which is typical.