General MLS Talk 2022

Big_M

On 4/19/2022 at 6:25 AM, Ruffian said:

They are looking for a big pay day from selling Slonina. They may actually be adjusting their play style just for that reason and a side effect is that their record is pretty good.

And in other Slonina news:

The Poland national team continues to increase their pursuit of Chicago Fire FC wonderkid goalkeeper Gaga Slonina. After being with the US youth national teams for years, Poland met with Slonina on Tuesday night, the Polish federation revealed on social media.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/usmnt-or-poland-chicago-fire-gk-gaga-slonina-attracting-international-attention

14 hours ago, narduch said:

Good news for the new stadium for Inter Miami 

Well good news for Miami but at least they had a decent looking temporary stadium even though it was a bit out of the city in Ft. Lauderdale and they are not playing in a baseball stadium like NYFC. We know how hard it is to build a stadium in New York City but for all the nice new soccer specific stadiums going up in the MLS there is always NYFC the eyesore of the MLS and their stadium fiasco .

50 minutes ago, Macksam said:

40,000 seats because college football will also be housed in the planned arena. They can probably fill it if Messi comes over.

Here's a man who clearly believes he could fill it.

https://football-italia.net/ibrahimovic-im-the-best-to-ever-play-in-mls/

And he's not wrong. He absolutely  demolished the MLS and sold out stadiums left and right. Some of the MLS football I've watched this season is tragic and certain teams may as well simply add a fading star or two to put butts in seats. I'll always be a fan but there are massive shortcomings when it comes to quality and even tactics (of which I admittedly have minimal knowledge lol). If anything it's a great league to give some young stars experience before they leave and to keep a few of our National team members fit and paid well. That being said, I'm probably just pissed about what I witnessed yesterday, complete and utter trash football by TFC. 

6 hours ago, Goal_Kick said:

As a Whitecaps fan it's hard for me to say this but congratulations to the Seattle Sounders for being the first MLS team to win the Concacaf Champions League.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/seattle-sounders-beat-pumas-unam-for-2022-concacaf-champions-league-title

I agree.  Glad to see an MLS team win it.  Too bad it was Seattle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 12:09 PM, Watchmen said:

So, Messi (rumoured) to be coming from to MLS in 2023 and getting a 35% stake in Inter Miami.  Can the turf in Vancouver hold up long enough for him to agree to play here? 😄

Brek Shea...lol. He's acting like the whole line up wouldn't be completely overhauled once Messi gets there. 

Edited by Macksam

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

How many games did Teitur last in Vancouver before Tommy Boy Soehn took over?

11 MLS and a few Voyageurs Cup games.  He actually would have won the Voyageurs Cup that year if lightning in the 2nd half hadn't canceled the game (that the Whitecaps were winning and with TFC down a man. Not that I'm still bitter all these years later...).