General MLS Talk 2022

Big_M

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

I thought you were the guy who posts #anoncoachout endlessly??  People also realize that half the MLS teams make the playoffs.

I find it funny that teams with all the resources like TFC get to brush off bad seasons as 'Rebuilding' yet a team like Montreal can be written off at the start of the season as a bottom feeders by all the pundits yet turn out to be one of the best in the league.

7 hours ago, narduch said:

I find it funny that teams with all the resources like TFC get to brush off bad seasons as 'Rebuilding' yet a team like Montreal can be written off at the start of the season as a bottom feeders by all the pundits yet turn out to be one of the best in the league.

while we're talking about spending, it is quite stark just how little it seems to matter at the moment in MLS

https://theathletic.com/3317383/2022/05/17/mls-salaries-2022-analysis/

atlanta/new england/chicago/seattle/toronto/columbus all in and around the top 10 in spending missed the playoffs

philly at 18 finished at the top of the east

montreal at 15 finished second in the east

rbny/orlando/rsl all in the bottom 10 yet they made it into the playoffs

9 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Assuming OTP means me, please stop projecting your MLS vs CanPL mindset onto me like this. I honestly couldn't care less what sort of crowd the New York Red Bulls draw.  

Who brought up CPL? You are projecting as usual.

Just pointing out your continued hypocrisy 

3 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

^^^now on my ignore list. No point engaging with someone this bigoted.

I thought you put me on ignore already. Why you still responding?

And there's nothing bigoted about pointing out your inconsistencies. 

I don't think you know how to use that word

Edited by narduch

• 2 weeks later...

another slide from the league document via theathletic article, note the "canada linear windows on saturday night":

FgGYjC2XkAELorf?format=jpg&name=900x900

between this (as well further confirmation in the athletic's article itself saying that MLS are working out a simulcast arrangement with linear partners like ESPN, Fox, Univision in the United States and TSN and TVA Sports in Canada) safe to assume that we'll get a match of the week situation on TSN.

additionally: "At least another three teams will handle broadcasts in French — sources said this week that every one of the league’s games involving a Canadian team would be available in French."

1 hour ago, narduch said:

I'm confused about how the subscription works.

apple TV the site/app is free (which will get 40% of the games), apple TV+ is the paid streaming service within apple TV (apple's version of netflix/hbo max/disney plus, with shows like ted lasso and severance)

you don't need apple TV+ to get the mls subscription, you can get it standalone

apt comparison would be how channels (amc+, starz, shudder etc) are hosted on prime video. think of this mls streaming service (mls+ hypothetically) as a channel on apple TV

3 hours ago, saladroit said:

apple TV the site/app is free (which will get 40% of the games), apple TV+ is the paid streaming service within apple TV (apple's version of netflix/hbo max/disney plus, with shows like ted lasso and severance)

apt comparison would be how channels (amc+, starz, shudder etc) are hosted on prime video. think of this mls streaming service (mls+ hypothetically) as a channel on apple TV

Does anyone know if this is just Apple TV or Tv+ in US/Canada, or whether this would work for subscribers outside of North America 

On 10/26/2022 at 1:08 PM, Kingston said:
22 hours ago, saladroit said:

Or just go back to a home-and-away format.

Ok. But its supposed to be free if you are a season's ticket holder.  But how are they going to distinguish that you are an SSH?

Edited by Free kick

23 hours ago, saladroit said:

Are you sure about this?  I could be wrong but a couple of years ago, I installed the Apple TV app.   I was thinking just like you, it's just another app there is no commitment on my part.  Well, since around that time, or shortly after, I started to notice a charge of $6.77 from Apple TV on my credit card statement each month.   I never bothered to cancel it because: 1) I would have to find out where to go to cancel 2) there might come a day when I want to watch something on Apple TV and 3) its a small amount.    I never knowingly signed up or subscribed.   It might have been one of those things whereby you are told its free and then hidden in the fine print is info that its free only for a certain time.   But i dont get the sence that you can get it standalone.  I could be wrong.  

Edited by Free kick