Pacific FC - 2022 Season

ted

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

You think there's guaranteed playing time in the deal?

It can work both ways. In year one there was a limit on how much David Norman Jr could play while he was on loan to us which is why he missed some important games.  

18 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

^^^possibility this might be more about Next Pro initially is ignored. He is still 23.

I doubt Kadin would have to trial for a NextPro level squad (it is to my understanding that Farsi did not have to try out for Columbus but I could be mistaken). This seems to me like the real deal. 

Kadin has been our most solid player since day 1. Rarely puts a foot wrong, and very dependable for his age. I don’t know if it will translate at a higher level but he absolutely deserves a look. He’s perhaps not as physically commanding as Lukas but I think he can do the job

Edited by Aird25

39 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

^^^possibility this might be more about Next Pro initially is ignored. He is still 23.

He’s 23, but he has 120 professional matches under his belt. I’d be surprised if that’s the level of player in next pro. 

51 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Anyone know his contract status with Pacific?

Yah I hope TFC have to pay another transfer fee for him. If Chung had the same contract details as McNaughton, do you think he’d have a higher transfer fee? My two cents (or 20 million cents) is that he’s worth 200,000$, but I am basing that on few inter league transfers. 

2 minutes ago, Senorpopps said:

Yah I hope TFC have to pay another transfer fee for him. If Chung had the same contract details as McNaughton, do you think he’d have a higher transfer fee? My two cents (or 20 million cents) is that he’s worth 200,000$, but I am basing that on few inter league transfers. 

The fact that he's trialing, while MacNaughton was just signed, suggests to me that Toronto either aren't as confident in the signing, or he isn't currently under with Pacific. As a Pacific fan I don't want my players trialing for other teams. Especially ones with as much experience as Kadin. I'd be happy to get another fee out of him though, and think he does deserve a look at a higher level.

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

The fact that he's trialing, while MacNaughton was just signed, suggests to me that Toronto either aren't as confident in the signing, or he isn't currently under with Pacific. As a Pacific fan I don't want my players trialing for other teams. Especially ones with as much experience as Kadin. I'd be happy to get another fee out of him though, and think he does deserve a look at a higher level.

This Kadin situation is probably an example of why the CPL wants to or at least try to sign more players to multi-year contracts. The ability to sell players only come with doing that. No player in their right mind would commit to something like a multi year deal without some increased financial consideration, it simply does not make any sense for them too. 

55 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Great news. He was fantastic last season after I had thought he was a bit of a write off. 

Curious why you wrote him off? He had a decent track record in USLC before joining. I have no clue how his European foray in Austria went, but that was pretty short lived anyways

I think maybe because for better or worse he is the situation where a lot of guys pack it in.  I thought he was a dynamic player for Pacific, always seemed to be in the middle of the action.  That being said, he is 27, spent 4 years after college in USL without making it to the next level.  This is kind of the spot where you think, maybe I should take that accounting job, work for an arborist, or take over the family's pizzeria etc.  There arent many Pashers out there, that toil away seemingly getting better with age and crack a MLS lineup at 26/27.  But maybe this season it all clicks, he scores 15 goals and moves on to a bigger league, heres hoping anyways.  

7 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Fantastic to have Diaz back. He was a big part of the squad last year and I think an underrated part of our attack. We have no replacement at the moment. But I just want to know who is back, and how we're replacing all the departures. This trickle of resignings is irritating

It is intentional. If you release all the signings in one day, you get one day of media attention. If you spread them out, it increases your mentions in newspapers, on radio, social media, etc.