Pacific FC - 2022 Season

ted

A real gut punch for Pacific fans and the league. I feel for you Islanders. 

It is one thing losing Kah to an MLS club but there should be financial incentive enough to keep him from a MLS reserve club. 

Good luck to him, hope he goes much further up the ladder as a manager. He is capable of much more imo. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:29 AM, shorty said:
13 minutes ago, toontownman said:

A real gut punch for Pacific fans and the league. I feel for you Islanders. 

It is one thing losing Kah to an MLS club but there should be financial incentive enough to keep him from a MLS reserve club. 

Good luck to him, hope he goes much further up the ladder as a manager. He is capable of much more imo. 

I think moving to MLS Next Pro as a head coach is more advantageous than for a player making the same move.  You do well, the top MLS man doesn't, you could be next in line.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

19 minutes ago, spinrack said:

Yeah, this isn't good.  Big loss for Pacific.

The move to coaching an MLS NEXT Pro squad seems like a big step down to me, but maybe Kah sees this as a path towards an eventual job as an MLS head coach.

FC Dallas is one of the few develop and sell MLS clubs, doing what the Whitecaps always claim they want to be. I think this speaks to Ka's reputation as a developer of young players. FCD have also promoted coaches to the head job on at least a couple occasions. I think this is a good move for PMK.

1 minute ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

FC Dallas is one of the few develop and sell MLS clubs, doing what the Whitecaps always claim they want to be. I think this speaks to Ka's reputation as a developer of young players. FCD have also promoted coaches to the head job on at least a couple occasions. I think this is a good move for PMK.

True. It is a sideways step but betting on a much bigger upside as @MM3/MM2/MM said. It is a big loss for the League and Area. He was transformational and inspiring for everyone. I'd like to think a success in the CL Qualifying would have been more impactful for his MLS job chances but with getting on the better half of the Pacific squad being sold off and high expectations, I don't think anyone could blame him. 

54 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Apparently we are getting some $$ for the move and frankly everyone here has wanted Merriman to take the job at some point. I would have preferred to se PMK stick around for one more season, but I'm not gutted.

It's always hard to see good people leave, but it's always an opportunity for someone new, and I think we forget that too often both in sport and life.

Ka has contributed a success story to CPL and once you get enough of these, the PMK of 2026 is more likely to conclude, no the best thing for my career is to stay another year. 

52 minutes ago, narduch said:

Seeing as this is FC Dallas' affiliate and Ka was rumored to have interviewed for the job at the big club I'm guessing promises were made that he would be next in line at Dallas.

Or at least it would put him in good position to have a shot. Good for him.