Pacific FC - 2022 Season

ted

On 10/18/2022 at 10:48 PM, Aird25 said:

The comment I was responding to was that Starlight has poor highway access, which just isn’t the case.

As a tourist who travels in on occasion to watch PFC, I find bussing to Langford a pain in the arse (albeit a first world pain in the arse).  The benefit of seeing the Caps is that I can get accommodations near a Skytrain station and then arrive very close to the stadium.  A downtown Victoria location would be best for me also because of the stuff @Unnamed Trialistmentioned.

4 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

As a tourist who travels in on occasion to watch PFC, I find bussing to Langford a pain in the arse (albeit a first world pain in the arse).  The benefit of seeing the Caps is that I can get accommodations near a Skytrain station and then arrive very close to the stadium.  A downtown Victoria location would be best for me also because of the stuff @Unnamed Trialistmentioned.

I'm not disagreeing with that. The vast majority of visitors to the city will never step foot in Langford, and the city has not provided great public transportation, parking, or hotel options to the stadium yet. But access from any of the main highways (old or new island highways from the north or south) is fine. That's what I responded to. 

I actually think the stadium is pretty well situated for future population growth given governments enhance the most logical transportation options. However, for the time being other locations like RAP would probably draw better. That would require significantly more municipal support though.