Pacific FC - 2022 Season

ted

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Chung will be a big loss for Pacific, but this signing is good for the CanPL, perhaps my gaze is is different seeing as I'm in England. But the league is providing a pipeline to more established leagues. Canadian talent has a place to go after being released by MLS and European clubs to prove themselves. Something Canada has been missing. Perhaps in the long term the CanPL will become an established top tier league, but for now it's giving opportunities to players who were previously missed. I was always a fan of Shaun Saiko, who just ended up drifting off. Perhaps if the league was alive then he wouldn't have dropped off? Thats one example of talent who didn't live to potential. 

Edited by StillOnFire

17 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

Chung will be a big loss for Pacific, but this signing is good for the CanPL, perhaps my gaze is is different seeing as I'm in England. But the league is providing a pipeline to more established leagues. Canadian talent has a place to go after being released by MLS and European clubs to prove themselves. Something Canada has been missing. Perhaps in the long term the CanPL will become an established top tier league, but for now it's giving opportunities to players who were previously missed. I was always a fan of Shaun Saiko, who just ended up drifting off. Perhaps if the league was alive then he wouldn't have dropped off? Thats one example of talent who didn't live to potential. 

Reality is that it’s likely Chung would be retired without this league, and we know forsure that MacNoughton and Waterman would be.. If these too progress/impress and Waterman has another good season I don’t see how VWFC don’t make a signing, really hoping Awuah lands somewhere higher.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Hmm we certainly need more fullback depth, but it doesn't look like Mavila has really found much success outside of a very solid Cavalry backline. I suppose it's worth a punt though

Edited by Aird25