Pacific FC - 2022 Season

ted

Pacific is really starting to take shape, and I'd imagine they are contenders regardless of their losses.

The biggest area of concern right now has to be in the attack. Campbell, Blasco and Bassett replacements haven't been named yet, so Diaz will be relied upon heavily at this point. Heard was great for depth, but not sure he can be a prolific starter in this league.

Between Bustos, Aparicio, Baldi, Dixon and Polisi the midfield isn't looking much different. I'd put them 2nd to Forge and right ahead of Cavs/Ottawa as far as best midfields in the league on paper.

Didic seems like a pretty even replacement for MacNaughton, and I think most supporters are excited for Dada Luke to earn a bigger role with Chung out. Samake and TMG round out a pretty promising young core at defense, they'll just be looking to add some more depth at the position. I still wonder if Adam Straith is a possibility considering his move back to the island.

I'd agree that there's a concern over attacking depth (and at full-back) but what makes you think Heard isn't a starter in this league? He did more than hold his own in multiple games last year including the finals and against Vancouver.

I think a lot is riding on how well guys like Young, Dada-Luke and Polisi do this year. They are all going to have a larger role and it's typically these younger guys that can show bigger improvements from season to season.

1 hour ago, davey_twelve said:

I'd agree that there's a concern over attacking depth (and at full-back) but what makes you think Heard isn't a starter in this league? He did more than hold his own in multiple games last year including the finals and against Vancouver.

I think a lot is riding on how well guys like Young, Dada-Luke and Polisi do this year. They are all going to have a larger role and it's typically these younger guys that can show bigger improvements from season to season.

I moreso just don't picture him scoring 10+ goals in the way that Terran Campbell has in the 2 full CPL seasons that have been played. He seems to be more of a creator than a goalscorer, and I think that guys like Diaz/Bustos have him beat in that role. In the past I expected Marcus Haber to pick up that role but obviously his CPL stints weren't as successful as hoped, it's too bad Pacific wasn't able to bring in a Shaan Hundal or Jordan Hamilton to fill the void.

In my mind, Heard draws some similarities to the role Welshman plays at Forge. Useful, but still behind Bekker/Borges as far as playmaking ability and doesn't provide enough scoring to not need guys like Woobens Pacius, etc. Good player, but I don't want to rely on him as a main source of attack.

Edited by Pottsy3