World Cup Qualifying - Tickets - Canada vs Panama - BMO Field - Oct. 13th

Admin

31 minutes ago, gator said:

So with an  imminent increase of capacity at BMO will we have another Voyageurs pre-sale in the supporters section, I am sure I'm not the only one who would prefer to be in another section? 

I think we are going to have to live with the peculiarities of the ticket sales for this match.  e.g. I coordinated with a friend to buy tickets in two "adjacent" rows - and now there's a good chance that TM will be selling tickets for the previously-empty row in between.  🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, sstackho said:

I think we are going to have to live with the peculiarities of the ticket sales for this match.  e.g. I coordinated with a friend to buy tickets in two "adjacent" rows - and now there's a good chance that TM will be selling tickets for the previously-empty row in between.  🤷‍♂️

They were basically selling every second row but there was not social distancing consideration given. With this in mind if they are allowed to open more rows as evident by what the Blue Jays have done, will the CSA knowing the demand open up more tickets in the expensive sections before they do anything with the south end?

12 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Is 104 the away section? If so, why are we still such softies? Give them 219 or 227. 

If is because they have to plan before tickets go on sale.  As we know in the past the upper decks have not always been open for Canada games. Maybe due to the increased interest in the team and tickets as this campaign proceeds consideration will be given to moving it up above. 

1 minute ago, Cblake said:

If is because they have to plan before tickets go on sale.  As we know in the past the upper decks have not always been open for Canada games. Maybe due to the increased interest in the team and tickets as this campaign proceeds consideration will be given to moving it up above. 

That was in the past. The upper decks have been open for all Canada games thus far due to social distancing. 

5 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That was in the past. The upper decks have been open for all Canada games thus far due to social distancing. 

You are right , but it was one of those things with all that is going on was left as it for the time being. The last match for El Salvador fans all over the stadium, I do not think we will see anywhere near the same numbers vs Panama. It will be a very pro Canadian crowd especially with the capacity increase being announced today. 

2 minutes ago, RS said:

204 isn't really "on camera" unless it pans up high.

It doesn't matter too much for this game because there won't be a big Panama contingent, and if there is they'll all be in red/white anyway.

Completely agree, Panama support is a completely different beast compared to Honduras and especially El Salvador. They are nuts compared to what we will see at BMO on the 13th. 

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/ontario-to-expand-capacity-limits-for-professional-sports-arenas-stadiums-starting-saturday-sources-say-1.5598856

Rumour is the announcement will be 75% of capacity to a max of 30 000.

That means an extra ~ 7500 tickets or so can be sold by Canada Soccer and if distributed equally would mean the V's get an extra ~750 tickets.

Assuming this is the case, there is a strong case to be made for a limit of 4 or fewer for the remaining batch.

10 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/ontario-to-expand-capacity-limits-for-professional-sports-arenas-stadiums-starting-saturday-sources-say-1.5598856

Rumour is the announcement will be 75% of capacity to a max of 30 000.

That means an extra ~ 7500 tickets or so can be sold by Canada Soccer and if distributed equally would mean the V's get an extra ~750 tickets.

Assuming this is the case, there is a strong case to be made for a limit of 4 or fewer for the remaining batch.

Limit is likely within the ticketmaster system so would just stay at 9 total between all purchases. 

Got 7 the other day and need a few more but i assume ill only be able to get 2 more. 

It's exciting to see how quickly tickets have sold for this match.

For the Honduras and El Salvador matches, it took a long time to sell the full 100 level on the east side. Yesterday, apart from a few scattered singles, only the back row of the 100 level was left on the east side and it was only the pre-sale. Amazing.

19 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

There are 125 tickets total on StubHub right now. Is that huge quantities? 

I think as many as 10,000 might’ve gone during the presale. 

There is now near 500 tickets on stubhub. The obvious flippers are the ones selling 1-9 tickets. Looks like less than 10 from supporters section. 

But with capacity increased, they'll need to temper their expectations especially the 100 or so tickets asking for >$300 each.

17 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Is that what happened to 111 as well? I had a call at 10 am and when I went to buy 20 minutes later it was greyed out already.

The entire lower bowl was a few tickets shy of selling out as of Thursday night. 

When the CanadaRED pre-sale started yesterday, were the highest row numbers in 205-209 on sale? There's nothing available right now above row 27 in 205-209, but maybe rows 28-35 have sold already.

I don't think I've ever seen the east side field level seats available for CanMNT matches. I've seen them on sale for Toronto FC but never for CanMNT. If there is an increased capacity allowance, I wonder if they make a few of those available. I don't know how many people would buy them, but you might get a few corporate people and you could make 3-4 times the price of a regular ticket.

2 minutes ago, jtpc said:

When the CanadaRED pre-sale started yesterday, were the highest row numbers in 205-209 on sale? There's nothing available right now above row 27 in 205-209, but maybe rows 28-35 have sold already.

I don't think I've ever seen the east side field level seats available for CanMNT matches. I've seen them on sale for Toronto FC but never for CanMNT. If there is an increased capacity allowance, I wonder if they make a few of those available. I don't know how many people would buy them, but you might get a few corporate people and you could make 3-4 times the price of a regular ticket.

I suspect they held the tops of those sections back for groups. But I don’t know for sure. 

• Admin unpinned this topic