WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

On 9/7/2021 at 5:55 AM, Floortom said:

+1 

Unless the sister is underage then who gives crap. This story makes no sense and I would be shocked if that was the reason.

According to ESPN, he spent an unauthorized night out of the team bubble (hotel), and on a subsequent night he also invited an unauthorized guest into the team hotel.  If it's all true, you really do have to question the guy's intelligence.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4470334/mckennie-dismissed-by-usmnt-for-two-covid-protocol-violationsincluding-bringing-unauthorized-individual-into-bubble-sources

Mind you, his dad is now speaking up and saying Weston could've named all sorts of other violators on the team on his way out, but didn't because he's a "standup guy".  Quite the situation for Team USA.  😄

(Edit:  Sorry - did not see this was all covered on the Canada - USA thread!)

Edited by GasPed

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Possible standings after tonight:

Mexico - 9

Canada - 5

Honduras - 5

Panama - 4

USA - 2

Costa Rica - 2

El Salvador - 2

Jamaica - 1

I am hoping for a US-Honduras draw.  Or for some hideous subterranean creature to emerge from the pits of hell and consume both teams in front of their horrified fans.  But I will take a draw.  

1 minute ago, Canucklehead69 said:

What is happening to Jamaica I would have thought they were better then this?

I'm assuming they're big guns that aren't there right now aren't going to join what already looks like a lost cause?

The England based players couldn’t play the 2 road games in this window. They played the home game vs. Panama and shit the bed.

4 minutes ago, Canucklehead69 said:

What is happening to Jamaica I would have thought they were better then this?

I'm assuming they're big guns that aren't there right now aren't going to join what already looks like a lost cause?

My concern is that they start to gel and find some fluidity by the time we play them.  Having them drop points to others early and then battle against us wouldn’t be ideal.