WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

a lot of it depends on other results, as usual. 3 should still be ok, and i don't think a point in jamaica is a must, but i do think it should be expected at this point.

6 and i'm trying to book a few weeks off next november/december.

I just think it's a must because it'll be hard to beat an on fire Panama team after 2 Ls.

If we get 6 we might qualify with like 2/3 games left

4 minutes ago, frmr said:

What would be the tiebreak between us and US right now? Coin toss?

Just found this on wikipedia:

Tiebreakers

In league format, the ranking of teams in each group is based on the following criteria (regulations Articles 20.4 and 20.6):[13]

1. Points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss)
  2. Overall goal difference
  3. Overall goals scored
  4. Points in matches between tied teams
  5. Goal difference in matches between tied teams
  6. Goals scored in matches between tied teams
  7. Away goals scored in matches between tied teams (if the tie is only between two teams in home-and-away league format)
  8. Fair play points
    • first yellow card: minus 1 point
    • indirect red card (second yellow card): minus 3 points
    • direct red card: minus 4 points
    • yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points
  9. Drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee

So we're above them on the basis of the 1-1 away tie in the states.

The narrative coming into this campaign was all about US depth, and I think we saw evidence of that tonight. They won the game without Pulisic on the field. Mchenie, Dest and Reyna were also not out there. This was their third game in seven days, with two of those on the road.  While they did not look great out there, they were cold blooded in transition.

We can learn a lot from how the US played Honduras tonight. 

Just now, The Beaver 2.0 said:

The narrative coming into this campaign was all about US depth, and I think we saw evidence of that tonight. They won the game without Pulisic on the field. Mchenie, Dest and Reyna were also not out there. This was their third game in seven days, with two of those on the road.  While they did not look great out there, they were cold blooded in transition.

We can learn a lot from how the US played Honduras tonight. 

It is a hallmark of this team. Very rarely look good but consistently grind out results. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

it makes me wish we played them in the last game of a window instead of the first.

Everybody looked pretty shit the first game though. We finished the window strong, that's what is important. Hopefully we can carry that into the next window.

Already a 3-point divide between qualifying and non-qualifying spots which is also separates the undefeated from those who have taken a loss. If we can fuck Panama off and keep our head above the water, we're In Like Flint™.

4 minutes ago, frmr said:

Everybody looked pretty shit the first game though. We finished the window strong, that's what is important. Hopefully we can carry that into the next window.

Already a 3-point divide between qualifying and non-qualifying spots which is also separates the undefeated from those who have taken a loss. If we can fuck Panama off and keep our head above the water, we're In Like Flint™.

i meant more how exhausted honduras looked tonight due to a complete lack of depth. it's the same setup in january, we play in honduras, then home to the states, then in el salvador. i would have liked our chances for >6 points if the honduras and ES games were flipped.

Edited by JohnnyFranchise
spelling typo