WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

1 minute ago, frmr said:

Or maybe it's just their inexperience that is their problem, I dunno. They're certainly not living up to their own hype though that's for sure.

Much like England, you can not really on the world rankings or their own media when judging them. Which isn't to say they're as poor as some posters would have you believe, just that they're not a lock for qualification either.

Unpopular opinion I’m sure but if there is a future for Arfield with this team (which I’m not certain there is), I hope he gets the assignment to lead the midfield in the Away Mexico match.

If memory serves, that was one of his first assignments with our national team. It will give a bit of a rest to our starters and provide a platform for him to earn his way back into the starting lineup. 

granted I haven’t seen him play in a couple years but I still have him as our best midfielder slightly ahead of Eustaq. 

7 minutes ago, frmr said:

The way the US is playing, I think they're going to be right in the dogfight for qualifying spots. What we thought was going be a fight for 3-6 has now turned into a fight for 2-6, so I'm happy to see both teams drop points. Mexico is really the only sure thing in this qualifying now that we're seeing US' true colours. That being a team of good players that is very poorly coached and doesn't look like much of a team at all.

This expanded format will result in the cream rising to the top. I just really can’t see a scenario where the US, with all this talent, can’t outpace squads like Panama, Honduras and Costa Rica. I know we all hope they collapse but I just don’t see it 

USA much better after Gregg's changes, but to be honest the solutions were extremely obvious. Needed an extra man in midfield, and needed that man to be Adams. This also neatly solves the problem of needing Brooks off. Also needed Sargent off for someone that can actually function out wide.

6 minutes ago, Canucklehead69 said:

Probably will end up saying this every 3 games but the next 3 are probably our most difficult/ important.

If we can get 4 were doing pretty well 6 I think we're looking very very good to qualify. 3 and we're going to be in a dog fight

i'm expecting 4 out of that window but obviously 3 is the minimum expectation. 5 or 6 and i'd bathe in champagne.

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

This expanded format will result in the cream rising to the top. I just really can’t see a scenario where the US, with all this talent, can’t outpace squads like Panama, Honduras and Costa Rica. I know we all hope they collapse but I just don’t see it 

I would rather see the US advance with us than any of these Central American cheats , especially Honduras, El Salvador and Panama just despise these national teams for the way they play the game .

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i'm expecting 4 out of that window but obviously 3 is the minimum expectation. 5 or 6 and i'd bathe in champagne.

Yeah 4 we're on the right track 3 is worrying a bit we get 6 we're scouting training pitches for the camp in Qatar.

At least a point off Jamaica is a must

Edited by Canucklehead69

4 minutes ago, Canucklehead69 said:

Yeah 4 we're on the right track 3 is worrying a bit we get 6 we're scouting training pitches for the camp in Qatar.

At least a point off Jamaica is a must

a lot of it depends on other results, as usual. 3 should still be ok, and i don't think a point in jamaica is a must, but i do think it should be expected at this point.

6 and i'm trying to book a few weeks off next november/december.