WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

Has to be more to this than a trist between consenting adults.  Rumours in the public domain are their own creatures so take what's written with the usual bag of salt. 

If I had to guess it's down to breaking COVID protocal and the ensuing pissing match with his betters that followed.  Snowballed into something else and now it's enjoy your holiday Mr McKennie.  

1 minute ago, Cheeta said:

Has to be more to this than a trist between consenting adults.  Rumours in the public domain are their own creatures so take what's written with the usual bag of salt. 

If I had to guess it's down to breaking COVID protocal and the ensuing pissing match with his betters that followed.  Snowballed into something else and now it's enjoy your holiday Mr McKennie.  

There is a tinge of misogyny here if this is the only reason. Pulisic doesn`t own his sister.

There has to be more to the story.

Edited by narduch

I thought they had a no visitor policy? Or no public restaurants or bars? All to help prevent a covid spread. Possibly amplified by the fact it was someone's sister? 

Who knows...

However I always considered L.Donovan to be fairly "honest" and "professional". The fact he called it "disappointing, almost irreparable” ... think definitely some juice to this story.

Edited by apbsmith

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Think McKennie is getting more heat than usual because he’s a repeat offender and people feel he would have made a difference against us.

I think Reyna was a much bigger loss then McKennie. McKennie isnt exactly a ball carrying creative attacker and wouldnt have done much to break us down. He is a big threat on set pieces though and could have hurt us there I suppose. 

10 hours ago, An Observer said:

Its guaranteed that all teams including us will lose a number of players to yellow card accumulation and some key players will miss matches through this cycle.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one player on all the 8 sides who does it twice.

Cavallini can miss the first two matches and do it three times. :)

I am really enjoying seeing the US team in a bit of turmoil, tomorrow's match is obviously huge and a loss or maybe a draw could really set things off, perhaps they aren't going to be the guaranteed top two automatic qualifiers many of us felt they were? They do have a lot of depth and some quality, I'm sure a win tomorrow would settle things down, for now!

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

This story makes no sense and I would be shocked if that was the reason.

Although it would be shockING, sadly I wouldn’t be shockED. “Owning your sister” seems on par with “the opponent didn’t respect us and do what they were supposed to”  (attitude-wise)

On a selfish level I am also glad to see what looks like culture implosion on the USMNT, but it also feels icky and embarrassing. 

Edited by shorty

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

He also deleted all his likes over the past four years. That kind of indicates to me that he didnt know his likes would be visible to other people. 

I don't use twitter, so I don't really know anything, but this was my assumption when I saw his comment.

6 hours ago, Floortom said:

He also deleted all his likes over the past four years. That kind of indicates to me that he didnt know his likes would be visible to other people. 

Some people are simply not versed in social media and as their raise their profile in the profession like Jesse has issues can came up. 

15 minutes ago, narduch said:

Today's matches. All times ET.

One Soccer is showing all the games. Canada will be in Sportsnet 1 too.

Screenshot_20210908-075027_Chrome.jpg

I guess it goes without saying but with 8 teams competing for 3.5 spots, literally every game on every matchday is significant at this point.  

Will CR drop more points at home?  Will Jamaica pick up points and give their campaign some (potentially dangerous) confidence or will they dig the hole even deeper?  Will Honduras get an essential home win or drop points in all 3 opening games?  Will the US fail to pick up points and have even more pressure pile on? Will Panama deny Mexico the perfect start - proving that that may be contenders after all?   Or will Mexico start the inevitable process of putting Panama “in their place”?  And most importantly, will Canada get the win that puts them on solid ground after the first window or will more dropped points at home give the reds a mountain to climb?

Damn these are exciting times.  

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I guess it goes without saying but with 8 teams competing for 3.5 spots, literally every game on every matchday is significant at this point.  

Will CR drop more points at home?  Will Jamaica pick up points and give their campaign some (potentially dangerous) confidence or will they dig the hole even deeper?  Will Honduras get an essential home win or drop points in all 3 opening games?  Will the US fail to pick up points and have even more pressure pile on? Will Panama deny Mexico the perfect start - proving that that may be contenders after all?   Or will Mexico start the inevitable process of putting Panama “in their place”?  And most importantly, will Canada get the win that puts them on solid ground after the first window or will more dropped points at home give the reds a mountain to climb?

Damn these are exciting times.  

Absolutely, especially with these 3 games breaks where teams will really have to dig in to get the results. 5 out of 9 points will put the Canadians in a good place heading into the October window. 

26 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Absolutely, especially with these 3 games breaks where teams will really have to dig in to get the results. 5 out of 9 points will put the Canadians in a good place heading into the October window. 

Yeah, tonight is massive for us.  A win would really get us on solid ground given the other results so far.  But anything less than a win would really put us behind the 8 ball   Pretty classic “must win” game, even if not mathematically. 

Anxiety level… rising.