Rida Zouhir

PopePouri

5'10, 151lbs, 11-23-2003---17years old  CDN MID
Career Summary

Rida Zouhir, a 17-year-old Montrealer, is part of the club's Academy since 2016. He played for the U17 team in 2019, then joined the U23 squad last summer. He represented the Braves D’Ahuntsic before joining the club.

“Rida has the character and personality to make his mark in the midfield. Good with both feet, he asserts himself with his professional attitude,” mentioned Patrick Leduc, Impact Academy director.

Oops, this is straight off the montreal website.  

Edited by Bison44

• 2 months later...

I was at the game and watched him pretty closely.  I thought he started out a little nervous with a couple bad giveaways, but seemed to grow into the game.  Had a good shot on target from outside the box that was well saved by Henry.  He took the 5th penalty which surprised me as he had to score to keep CFM alive.  It was well taken.  I thought he was okay.

32 minutes ago, Shway said:

Yea it's "so simple"....

It's really frustrating at our lack of future planning. 
We really haven't changed the way we do things, we've just been extremely fortunate that this golden age has emerged. 

That doesn't make sense. A Golden age just doesn't emerge from nothing.

Edited by PopePouri

2 hours ago, PopePouri said:

That doesn't make sense. A Golden age just doesn't emerge from nothing.

Expand on that.

My thinking comes from, what has changed since the U17 qualified for the WC (the team of Hamilton, Aleman, Boakye etc)? That age group was considered to be "the future"....but where are they now. 

We've been doing the same things, and we have just been fortunate to uncover A LOT of gems.... No actually I'll say that we've been fortunate for these guys to forge their own paths/ make a name for themselves.

- Buchanan, Johnston, Kennedy are guys who had no youth caps. 2 of 3 are vital pieces to the mission.
- Prior to the U23's Corneilus had zero youth camps/apps. 
- Shaffelburg had zero youth camps/apps.
- Corbeanu had zero youth camps/apps (regardless of the fact he was with Romania)

We need consistent camps where we are playing friendlies or tournaments against other nations. 

The only guy to benefit from a youth appearance got scouted by other nation from the very same game. But it's that exposure that we need for the youth programs to propel guys to the next level, and NOT solely relying on MLS academies to produce products....because it's been a very slow rate.  

Edited by Shway

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Yea it's "so simple"....

It's really frustrating at our lack of future planning. 
We really haven't changed the way we do things, we've just been extremely fortunate that this golden age has emerged. 

Oh no, havnt you checked the Herdman thread, everything is completely different and a generational transformation from grassroots right up to the top CSA brass has been triggered by our new messiah.  And if you dont acknowledge that your a moron. 

Just now, Bison44 said:

Oh no, havnt you checked the Herdman thread, everything is completely different and a generational transformation from grassroots right up to the top CSA brass has been triggered by our new messiah.  And if you don't acknowledge that your a moron. 

yea the same guy who appointed a coach for a youth WC, who's game plan was to tell Jayden Nelson to tap into his inner Neymar/Davies/Messi and do it all. Yea...I can't be fooled.

I'm hoping that the CSA will have more $$ with the recent success at the gate, maybe we will see them using this cash towards camp poutine (CPL-MLS players) and U17-19-21, at least give a chance to these kids to show what they can do... just take part of events like the Toulon tournament few years back, isn't that the first time we saw Jonathan David...

8 hours ago, Francois79 said:

I'm hoping that the CSA will have more $$ with the recent success at the gate, maybe we will see them using this cash towards camp poutine (CPL-MLS players) and U17-19-21, at least give a chance to these kids to show what they can do... just take part of events like the Toulon tournament few years back, isn't that the first time we saw Jonathan David...

No. According to his profile on CanadaSoccer.com he went to 3 U-15 camps, a U-16 camp, and 7 U-17 camps, including the U-17 CONCACAF Championship. After all that he went to Toulon.

Edited by Kent