Rida Zouhir

PopePouri

40 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

He was born and raised in Montreal. The only way he doesn't go red is if Herdman ignores him.

Not sure on this, Zouhir should end up being at an Estaquio level of player, maybe higher. I don’t know if he’s been involved with us at any setting, there’s going to be a fight for him. 

1 hour ago, JamesF said:

His highlights from last game if u missed it

Looked quite good for a debut at that age against a Mexican side.

What i liked about him is how composed he was on the ball when he had it, how he could make space with it when under pressure, how positive he was with passing it forward or breaking the press, how he tried a few long range passes with little time on the ball and a couple of times with one touch; and how he moved into space without the ball including when he just passed it.  Very impressed at his age.  Not sure how he was on the defensive side of things.

When I watched him, i thought this is exactly what I would love to see from Okello but he simply stands around most of the time when TFC is in possession in spite of the skills he has.

Edited by An Observer

Listened to the podcast:

Doyle (I think it was him) So he’s come out and surprised everyone, coaches are asking who is this guy ? Hes come out of nowhere. He’s been so good in pre-season, they’re saying he’s been killing them. Said his distribution needs work, but he’s a legitimate Gio Reyna level prospect.

im paraphrasing so not his exact words, me thinks he starts Thursday and is probably a starter for the year. Matt Doyle and the guys also gave Priso some love btw. I think we have our Adams/McKennie duo coming up through the ranks, thought it was very high praise from them, would imagine he’s gone abroad if he (Zouhir) has a good season.

Just based on the highlights, he is a real prospect.  The way he puts the defense off balance with slight moves is transferable to any league and some of his successful switches were beautiful.  Once he gets more starts I think he would play more within himself and stop trying to make attention grabbing plays that try to create offense that mostly result in giving possession away.  Would work in lower levels but it won't translate into higher quality play. 

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Listened to the podcast:

Doyle (I think it was him) So he’s come out and surprised everyone, coaches are asking who is this guy ? Hes come out of nowhere. He’s been so good in pre-season, they’re saying he’s been killing them. Said his distribution needs work, but he’s a legitimate Gio Reyna level prospect.

im paraphrasing so not his exact words, me thinks he starts Thursday and is probably a starter for the year. Matt Doyle and the guys also gave Priso some love btw. I think we have our Adams/McKennie duo coming up through the ranks, thought it was very high praise from them, would imagine he’s gone abroad if he (Zouhir) has a good season.

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

Gio Reyna prospect?? Based on a few preseason or CCL matches ? Let’s calm down here…

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Doyle’s words, coaches around the league who’ve seen him must have been pretty blown away.

I just listened to the podcast this morning. The Gio Reyna-level prospect was actually Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty, and Doyle was quoting people who have been saying it about JMR for years.

Regarding Zouhir, Doyle said coaches around the league in preseason have been taken by surprise by how good he's been.

3 minutes ago, RS said:

I just listened to the podcast this morning. The Gio Reyna-level prospect was Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty, and Doyle was quoting people who have been saying it about JMR for years.

Regarding Zouhir, Doyle said coaches around the league in preseason have been take by surprise by how good he's been.

Oh my bad, wasn’t paying full attention. Wasn’t a fluke that he and Kone went to Italy. 

Just now, Dominic94 said:

Oh my bad, wasn’t paying full attention. Wasn’t a fluke that he and Kone went to Italy. 

No worries. I actually remembered the posts on this board when I got to that segment of the podcast so I was listening intently.

2 minutes ago, RS said:

No worries. I actually remembered the posts on this board when I got to that segment of the podcast so I was listening intently.

Yea I was really distracted, but given that Zouhir started Wednesday I wonder if he’s won a CM spot ? Didn’t someone here claim Assi has won a spot aswell ? He’s also supposed to be very good.

Just now, Dominic94 said:

Yea I was really distracted, but given that Zouhir started Wednesday I wonder if he’s won a CM spot ? Didn’t someone here claim Assi has won a spot aswell ? He’s also supposed to be very good.

I thought CFM was having serious injury issues last week which was part of the reason he was played.  He looked good there, but not sure if he is the starter all things being equal.

25 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I thought CFM was having serious injury issues last week which was part of the reason he was played.  He looked good there, but not sure if he is the starter all things being equal.

Do think so, he was on the bench a few times last year as was Kone and there’s less CM depth now imo.

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

The injuries were with our forwards and Piette. Zouhir earned his start in the midfield.