Rida Zouhir

PopePouri

10 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I didn’t hype him as a Madrid level prospect ?

Are you talking about prime Wanyama or current Wanyama? Prime Wanyama was a very productive player for Tottenham. If Zouhir ends up better than that, we’re talking about a champions league starter, $70 million player, etc. in a matter of a few years. That’s a very high bar for him to cross.

14 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Are you talking about prime Wanyama or current Wanyama? Prime Wanyama was a very productive player for Tottenham. If Zouhir ends up better than that, we’re talking about a champions league starter, $70 million player, etc. in a matter of a few years. That’s a very high bar for him to cross.

Current, not prime.  

22 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Someone is going to become our best midfielder ever and it’s not a high bar player caliber wise.

I don't know man, the bar is set at TFC's evaluation of JMR.  No Canadian has ever come close to that yet, not sure if Zouhir can make it as high as TFC's immagination.    

21 minutes ago, costarg said:

I don't know man, the bar is set at TFC's evaluation of JMR.  No Canadian has ever come close to that yet, not sure if Zouhir can make it as high as TFC's immagination.    

To be fair to them, many saw Rutty as a high level prospect.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

To be fair to them, many saw Rutty as a high level prospect.

Both Jonathan David and Alphonso Davies have already surpassed the oft-repeated $20 million valuation of JMR. David will almost certainly do it again this summer.

5 hours ago, RS said:

Both Jonathan David and Alphonso Davies have already surpassed the oft-repeated $20 million valuation of JMR. David will almost certainly do it again this summer.

The original quote said midfielder, which Davies and David are not. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Makes sense, not sure MTL is the best spot for any of the young guys right now. It’s been a dumpster fire. Saliba looks to be ahead of him, but not by much and both need minutes. 

Man it hasn’t even been a quarter of the season yet, and your tune is already changing. 

Rida was supposed to be better than Wanyama, MTL was supposed to be far better at developing players and having actual plans for young guys….

26 minutes ago, Shway said:

Man it hasn’t even been a quarter of the season yet, and your tune is already changing. 

Rida was supposed to be better than Wanyama, MTL was supposed to be far better at developing players and having actual plans for young guys….

Having watch them all season I’m confident in saying the year is going to be long. There’s no point in having Zouhir on the bench all year, same deal with Saliba. They will need more time, that’s ok. I’m not writing them off

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2023 at 9:25 PM, costarg said:

TFC might as well be a Mexican team at this point.  They won't sell young prospects with potential, but they won't play them either.

36 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

TFC might as well be a Mexican team at this point.  They won't sell young prospects with potential, but they won't play them either.

They just sold Nelson though. Can add Fraser and Shaff before that. 

It may be due to injuries but Kerr, Kosi, Franklin and JMR are getting decent minutes. 

The big disappointment is Ayo. They paid him under that new rule and he just looks like a shell of his former self. 

1 hour ago, canuckgbp said:

They just sold Nelson though. Can add Fraser and Shaff before that. 

It may be due to injuries but Kerr, Kosi, Franklin and JMR are getting decent minutes. 

The big disappointment is Ayo. They paid him under that new rule and he just looks like a shell of his former self. 

I'd add Franklin to that list. He has shown promise this year. And i personally like Themi alot too but he needs minutes

• 1 month later...